Need Help! Laguna IQ Pro

Thread: Laguna IQ Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laguna IQ Pro

Wondering if anyone out there has purchased an IQ Pro within the last year or they currently have one on order. For those who have received their machine, how has it performed and can you comment on Laguna's support?
    For those who have one on order, how long have you been waiting? I ordered an IQ Pro at the beginning of June and Laguna has missed two promised deadlines with no straight answer as to why - now their saying another month before delivery - we need the (a) machine and don't know whether to trust them on the new delivery date. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laguna IQ Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CanWoodchucker View Post
    Wondering if anyone out there has purchased an IQ Pro within the last year or they currently have one on order. For those who have received their machine, how has it performed and can you comment on Laguna's support?
    For those who have one on order, how long have you been waiting? I ordered an IQ Pro at the beginning of June and Laguna has missed two promised deadlines with no straight answer as to why - now their saying another month before delivery - we need the (a) machine and don't know whether to trust them on the new delivery date. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    FWIW I asked about the IQ Pro just two post below yours with no response. For this forum, that is quite surprising. Either IQ Pro's are not really out in the wild, or the few people with them are dealing with so many issues they can't take the time to post.

That has pretty much sold me that we don't want one. Now I wonder if there are suggestions for a welded benchtop machine with a tool changer I should be considering instead?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett View Post
    FWIW I asked about the IQ Pro just two post below yours with no response. For this forum, that is quite surprising. Either IQ Pro's are not really out in the wild, or the few people with them are dealing with so many issues they can't take the time to post.

That has pretty much sold me that we don't want one. Now I wonder if there are suggestions for a welded benchtop machine with a tool changer I should be considering instead?
    On the flip side of your (in the wild) comment, maybe they are in the wild and no one is having issues. Posts I've read on the IQ Pro date back a few years and Laguna may have sorted out issues with previous models. I've been informed by my distributor that the IQ is now being assembled in the USA and since my post this morning, Laguna responded to it by asking me to call them. Did that and now waiting for a response while they are investigating the delay.
    Don't know of any similar machines out there...

Downloads
    Uploads

I hope you are right. We have a budget to spend by the end of this year on a 2'x3' benchtop machine. We are looking for a welded frame, water cooled spindle, and some tool changing. Most of the post I've seen on this forum seem to be people looking for the opposite end of the benchtop market. I have to say that Laguna hasn't been terribly responsive to other non-CNC customer service requests. In the mean while, we will keep looking for other machines that fit the bill. After all, $12k-$15k is a lot to spend on a tool. You would think Laguna would give it some customer support priority.