Getting a Chinese Machine to work

Thread: Getting a Chinese Machine to work

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Getting a Chinese Machine to work

Hi all.

I have recently been asked to commission a Chinese CNC Router . The company that supplied it is called ACUT. The machine looks acceptable, and I am sure it will do the job of cutting out 2D shapes from 15mm plywood quite well.

The first problem I have really hit is with NC Studio V5.5.6 This is what ACUT supplied with the the machine. It display the error messages in strange and illegible characters. I was told by ACUT that this is not a problem - haha - well it stops the machine from working - so I think it is a problem.

Reading other posts it looks like I need a dedicated English version of NC Studio. I have been told that it must be Version 5.5.6 as the PCI card will not work with newer versions. Does anyone out there have a copy of this that they can get to me? I would be very grateful.

The second problem is why is it displaying an error message? Could be anything... but I suspect it doesn't like the .nc file that was generated in Artcam (also supplied by ACUT). Does anyone out there run between these two programs? Any advice of what postscript works best?

Thanks in advance for any help that comes my way.

Regards

Gregory