Need Help! Need some guidance switching controller for AXYZ 5012 Table

Thread: Need some guidance switching controller for AXYZ 5012 Table

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need some guidance switching controller for AXYZ 5012 Table

Hey,

I recently picked up an AXYZ 5012 table in "kinda working" shape. I bought it second hand from a shop using it to cut corian. When I bought it the machine could jog in the x/y directions but couldn't perform any functions. It was believed to be the controller (which they had a spare they had not installed yet included) so I took a gamble. The machine was very poorly maintained as they went through linear bearings almost ever 14mo. So I disassembled the whole machine down and cleaned it to each individual bearing. It was an exhausting process but the bearings were CAKED with debris. I finally got the machine to a state where I can begin troubleshooting and I'm at a deciding factor on either purchasing the AXYZ support plan ($500) and hoping they can help me get the machine running or replace the controller with something more open source/user friendly or spending a couple $1000 on a plug and play retrofit kit... Some insight would be greatly appreciated.

More details
    AXYZ 5012
    10hp hsd spindle, 5hp ELTE spindle, air drill
    Becker 10hp vac pump
    Upgraded controller to A2MC
    pop up pins
    pressure foot
    emerson commander se size 3 inverters

Currently I can not get the Z axis to move (either carriage)
    The Y axis seems to think the center of the table is home
    one of the inverter needs a fan replaced (not a big deal)
    I have not seen either spindle run but is assumed they work (seller seemed pretty honest and straightforward)
    All the motors and drivers seem fine (z axis is unknown however)

This machine was purchased for my business (mostly cutting aluminum) and although I'd like to be budget conscious, I don't want to spend weeks/months getting this thing running as I'd really like this thing to start making me some money. I'm pretty good with my hands but lack the programming technical side of things. I have some general knowledge on cnc's so I think I will be okay doing the retrofit myself as this is my 3rd cnc. (2448 cncrouterparts router, and arclight dynamics 5x10 plasma) Some insight would be greatly appreciated.

Is swapping out the controller as simple as getting a new controller and plugging in all the input/outputs? How does the configuring/programming side of things work? If anyone can point me in the right direction for this process that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    -Benny