New Forum member is curious

Thread: New Forum member is curious

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New Forum member is curious

Hi everyone. This site has some great information, after reading through a lot of information (primarily on Wood CNC and wood CNC/Work Centers I have a couple of quick questions.

One, I don't see forums dedicated to Morbidelli or Weeke? I've read some references to them in posts but nothing dedicated to them. Have I missed them somehow? They look like some key high volume pieces of equipment.

I don't see Laguna in the commercial CNC Wood Routers?

My purpose in asking is to help develop a short list of commercial quality CNC wood routers and/or work centers to evaluate for purchase or lease. I primarily build speaker enclosures, stands, etc and I am not sure if equipment like the ShopBot series (I currently use a ShoBot in a Maker Center) has the throughput and production capability I need. If all goes well my volume will be in the thousands so i want good, reliable equipment that can be set up and run production. A multi head, spindles, etc are important criteria, as well as accuracy and repeatability

Amy thoughts or comments are very welcome.

Mike

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Forum member is curious

One, I don't see forums dedicated to Morbidelli or Weeke?
    I think when this forum was started, the "CNC Machining Centers" section was for those. But you won't find many owners or users of those machines posting in any forums, anywhere. Woodweb will probably have the most info on that class of machines. Fwiw, I've been using a Morbidelli for the last 7 years, and we may be buying a new one soon. They are very good machines.

To be honest, I don't recall any Laguna owners posting here, ever. And I see most of the posts here. There may have been a few, but not many.

There's a big difference between an industrial level Italian machine and a Shopbot, or even a Laguna.

If all goes well my volume will be in the thousands so
    Do NOT buy a $150,000 machine for business that you don't have. Start out with something more affordable. If business is so good that you need to upgrade, then you'll be able to afford the upgrade.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)