Please Advice for 900X600X150 Wood Router

Thread: Please Advice for 900X600X150 Wood Router

Lightbulb Please Advice for 900X600X150 Wood Router

Hello Gurus/Friends,

I am planning to buy one small 900X600X150

Please find the below details and inline Questions

1). Working area: 600*900*150mm --
    Q: I have attached a Relief, can I achieve this with this router?

2). Spindle: 1.5kw water cooling spindle
    Q: I have very limited knowledge on China Made Spindle, any brand I should prefer or Water Cooled/Air Cooled?

3). Control system: Nc-studio controller
    Q: Any advice on Controller?

4). Drive system: Leadshine stepper motors and drivers
    Q: How is the brand Leadshine, the vendor also offering Leadshine Hybrid Servo with 300 USD more, please advice on brand on stepper / servo?

5). Transmission: XYZ Taiwan TBI ball screw
    Q: I believe TBI is best, how will i know they are giving original?

6). Rail guide: round rail
    Q: Should I go for Hywin, they are asking 200 USD more?

7). Soft limited switch
    8). Table: T-slot table

9). Inverter: Fuling inverter
    Q: Any advice on Inverter?

10). Frame: Steel welding body
    Q: They have two models JPM0609 and JPG0609 I have attached two pictures, can you please advice me the difference on quality of work with respect to relief I have attached, The components are same but weight wise its different. Which one I should go for?
    The Price difference is 900 USD.

11). Tool sensor, Filter, Cast steel motor Box

12). Taiwan imported best bearing holder
    Q: Please advice.

You guys are the expert, thanks a lot in advance for your time.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please Advice for 900X600X150 Wood Router-relief-jpg   Please Advice for 900X600X150 Wood Router-jpg0609-jpg   Please Advice for 900X600X150 Wood Router-jpm0609-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Please Advice for 900X600X150 Wood Router

Quote Originally Posted by CNCWoodMaker View Post
    Hello Gurus/Friends,

I am planning to buy one small 900X600X150

Please find the below details and inline Questions

1). Working area: 600*900*150mm --
    Q: I have attached a Relief, can I achieve this with this router?

[It's hard to say - what's the total depth? You probably can get most of the way there, but will have to add details by hand and do some sanding to remove toolmarks.]

2). Spindle: 1.5kw water cooling spindle
    Q: I have very limited knowledge on China Made Spindle, any brand I should prefer or Water Cooled/Air Cooled?

[Air cooled is simpler. The kw ratings are about when the thing burns up. Working wattage is lower. Get the "2.2kw" spindle if you can.]

3). Control system: Nc-studio controller
    Q: Any advice on Controller?

[That NC studio program is what most Chinese mills come with. Don't expect any support on it.]

4). Drive system: Leadshine stepper motors and drivers
    Q: How is the brand Leadshine, the vendor also offering Leadshine Hybrid Servo with 300 USD more, please advice on brand on stepper / servo?

[Leadshine is a popular brand; you might be getting that or a clone - it's hard to say.]

5). Transmission: XYZ Taiwan TBI ball screw
    Q: I believe TBI is best, how will i know they are giving original?

[You would have to trust them.]

6). Rail guide: round rail
    Q: Should I go for Hywin, they are asking 200 USD more?

[Yes.]

7). Soft limited switch

[Soft limits are set in software. Hard limits require actual switches.]

8). Table: T-slot table

9). Inverter: Fuling inverter
    Q: Any advice on Inverter?

[When you're done "Fuling" around, get a Hitachi inverter.]

10). Frame: Steel welding body
    Q: They have two models JPM0609 and JPG0609 I have attached two pictures, can you please advice me the difference on quality of work with respect to relief I have attached, The components are same but weight wise its different. Which one I should go for?
    The Price difference is 900 USD.

[The blue one looks better to me, because it has bellows to protect the Y axis.]

11). Tool sensor, Filter, Cast steel motor Box

12). Taiwan imported best bearing holder
    Q: Please advice.

You guys are the expert, thanks a lot in advance for your time.
    [We hear from a lot of people who like the prices of these Chinese routers. Some of them are satisfied with their purchase. Others are not. Complaints include lack of tech support, inferior workmanship, parts not matching promises, pirated software that's loaded with malware or can't be upgraded, shipment hassles, electricity requirements that can't be met, and companies that take the money and never send anything. See if you can find out more about the company you're thinking of doing business with, and realize that once you've sent money by wire transfer or Western Union, you can't get it back.]

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

For just wood working I think this machine is very good enough, if you can purchase it with a manual XYZ turning knob it`ll be very perfect sir, because sometimes it comes very handy to manually turn it while zeroing it to the material specially with this larger table, for outlining cut jobs you dont really need the XYZ limit sensors, the CAM program will just do all work, park at the programmed zero location (XYZ) reload material then start again with no hassle, I love the exposed ball screw design, since you can access it easily for lubrication using oil pumps, by and by it will squeak even if it`s fully covered, with the presence of the saw dust it will run out of lubrication and sometimes locking the ball screw itself from turning thus going offset then ruin the job, with an exposed ball screw you can visually check if it`s still OK and easily reach for it for lubrication in case it needs one, with a covered ball screws you have no idea on what`s happening inside until it locks up and going its own way damaging the work piece or the router spindle itself if it will hit the steel clamps used to clamp the work piece, with a 1.5KW spindle watercooled rotating @ 24000 RPM even the hardest wood we have here named "kamagong" is just like a styrofoam when its being cut with a single flute bit, it`s just like cutting nothing following a programmed CAM minding it`s own business and gets home when program ends and says "ohh did I just passed on that? I cant really feel a thing" hehe, one thing for sure sir you cant use a factory 4 flute end mill on this, it will create much drag on the spindle due to over RPM then create much heat on the 4 flute thus changing it`s metal hardness then it gets dull easily, factory 2 flute carbide is OK quite expensive though, my best bet is the single flute 1/4 carbide bit, you dont really need much more bit flute due to it`s newer design 24K rpm brushless DC motor, cuts wooden material all week without worrying getting dull, if it does get dull you can just take it out from the spindle then resharpen it using a bench grinder or if you`re lazy enough like me to take out the bit on the spindle, you can just sharpen it using an angle grinder or a dremel pencil grinder on the table itself now let`s get back to business again with a sword sharp bit.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please Advice for 900X600X150 Wood Router-jpg0609-jpg  
    Last edited by KH0UJ; 03-18-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ohh I almost forgot, you need to use V-cut bit on this kind of job sir, 1/8 carbide V-cut bit, draw this picture in a 3D software then use a autoCAM software such as vectric aspire to produce the route paths, you can engrave any material on this, you can even design your own aluminum rims and cut it on this machine due to its bigger size, auto CAM programming style is too simple and boring by the way sorry the reason it`s only 1/8 I suggest is to limit the route path as thin as possible to easily erase it with a minor fine sanding afterwards to make it genuine looking with no visible machined route paths.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please Advice for 900X600X150 Wood Router-relief-jpg   Please Advice for 900X600X150 Wood Router-12-jpg  

Thanks a Zillion Awerby and Khouj

Best Part of advice:- When you're done "Fuling" around, get a Hitachi inverter.

I have requested the Vendor for below quote, I have decided to buy the slim model

1. Hard Limit Switch.
    2. 2.2 KW Spindle, what are the options on brushless.
    3. Hitachi Inverter.
    4. Manual xyz turning knob.
    5. Leadshine Hybrid Servo.
    6. Rotary axis
    7. Hywin rails.

Downloads
    Uploads

On the shop`s 6090 it only runs 60-80 watts on the power cord using a plug-in digital power meter, it depends on what your cutting or engraving with it, with a spindle OFF and control box on @ 16 watts, an ordinary 1/2 HP bench grinder runs as much as 300-400 watts it depends also on what your grinding with it, but those are the 1500W or the 1.5KW watercooled brushless spindle motor, I dont know about the 2200W version but I think it`s not that much increase of power, slightly 20-30% more maybe?

I just dont know how they derived the value of their label 1.5KW or 1500W when in fact the total consumption of the unit is way lower.

Getting a Hitachi Inverter from China is getting difficult, Vendor is recommending Taiwan Delta, any Models I should recommend them?

Products - Inverters - AC Motor Drives - Delta Group

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCWoodMaker View Post
    Getting a Hitachi Inverter from China is getting difficult, Vendor is recommending Taiwan Delta, any Models I should recommend them?

Products - Inverters - AC Motor Drives - Delta Group

Thanks.
    I dont think that is needed sir, on our units I just plug it directly on the outlet, a 30 amp circuit breaker and that`s it, on all 4 CNC machines @ full load working, my power watt meter on the outlet only reads 320W-360W fluctuating, and weve been running the machines all day for 2 years now.

Thanks a lot Experts. I put an Order. The Supplier is waiting for Hitachi Inverter to arrive, then they will assemble the Router. I have also requested vendor to Carve out a small relief on the same machine and make a video, before they ship. Fingers Crossed. Will update more.