Need Help! Older AXYZ 4008 Rouer

Thread: Older AXYZ 4008 Rouer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Older AXYZ 4008 Rouer

I am in the process of cleaning up an older axyz 4008 router table that has a AMC controller (2006/2007 vintage). The vacuum table is the older waffle board type that mounts above the aluminum extrusion table. I have often thought I would machine the vacuum grid right into the aluminum bed like all the new tables being sold. Does anyone know how deep the grid is machined into the aluminum bed on newer axyz tables? The sealing tape axyz sells for the newer beds is 1/16 inch think (1.6 mm approx.). In any of the videos I have seen on the vacuum system the foam tape is proud of the bed so I'm guessing the vacuum groove is about 1 mm deep or in that 0.040 in range. Has anyone done this or if anyone has an axyz table do they know the depth of the grid?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Brent

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Older AXYZ 4008 Rouer

Quote Originally Posted by battman View Post
    I am in the process of cleaning up an older axyz 4008 router table that has a AMC controller (2006/2007 vintage). The vacuum table is the older waffle board type that mounts above the aluminum extrusion table. I have often thought I would machine the vacuum grid right into the aluminum bed like all the new tables being sold. Does anyone know how deep the grid is machined into the aluminum bed on newer axyz tables? The sealing tape axyz sells for the newer beds is 1/16 inch think (1.6 mm approx.). In any of the videos I have seen on the vacuum system the foam tape is proud of the bed so I'm guessing the vacuum groove is about 1 mm deep or in that 0.040 in range. Has anyone done this or if anyone has an axyz table do they know the depth of the grid?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Brent

Somewhere between .032 and .040. The kicker about that foam tape it that after about a month, it compress down to ~ the same thickness as the milling so there is a perfect gasket formed. Another option you have is planning the "waffle board" and then repainting it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Older AXYZ 4008 Rouer

Hello Battman, i also have an old 4008 , I am wondering if your controller is AMC 0002B, because resistors R19 and R5 ( near connector for communication P8) are burnt, I have no way to know what was her original resistance. Are you willing to give me what resistance are they?

Thanks in advance

Normnicol

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Older AXYZ 4008 Rouer-image-jpg