New Machine Build E3 CNC Engraver by BobsCNC.com

Thread: E3 CNC Engraver by BobsCNC.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default E3 CNC Engraver by BobsCNC.com

We are pretty excited about the new engraver we are bringing to market. It should be out by the middle of next month (Oct 2016)

CNC Engraver with the DeWalt DW660 - Album on Imgur

The E3 CNC Engraver has the following features:
    A rigid laser cut frame
    SG20U supported rail system
    GT2 bet drive on X and Y axis. 5/16-18 dual brass nut on the Z axis
    Home switches on all axes
    MDF Spoil-board with 1/4-20 threaded inserts
    DeWalt DW660 router
    The assembled foot print
    Length: 24.8" (630 mm)
    Width: 25.2" (640 mm)
    Height: 18.9" (480 mm)

Assembled Weight: 25 lbs

Cutting Area
    X: 17.7" (450 mm)
    Y: 15.3" (380 mm)
    Z: 3.3" (85 mm)
    Gantry clearance is 3.1” (80 mm)

The plan is to keep the cost under $600.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: E3 CNC Engraver by BobsCNC.com

We uploaded a video of the E3 CNC engraver making its first cuts.

Downloads
    Uploads

The assembly manual can be downloaded at: E3 Engraver - BobsCNC is a small family business that sells simple and cost effective CNC DIY Router and 3D Printer kits that are designed and manufactured in the USA.

We are ramping up for a production run. We are still planning to be selling by the end of this month (Oct 2016)

Downloads
    Uploads

The E3 Engraver is finally for sale. Check out the Amazon listing or the listing in our store.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just purchased an E3 CNC. I am eager to assemble and try the machine. I think it is an appropriate price tool to familiarize myself with the process and to learn what is required to build a larger 1.5 x 3 meter table in the future. I only just found this in Amazon search in a last ditch effort to avoid spending 1600 on an Xcarve I was not sure I would be happy with in the long term. Part of what convinced me was that I have a printer I built 3 years ago with a laser cut frame and mechanical structures. Over the three years I have replaced many of the mechanical parts with parts that I have made in other ways. In two weeks, I will finally remove the last of the laser cut plywood parts from that printer to form a full metal frame. It has served me more adequately in all that time. There have been plenty of review about systems that are too flexible and costly for limited functionality at any price from 1500 to 5000. Based on my previous experience with the frame stability technique used in the E3, I went with this machine over the competitor.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tlankford01 View Post
    I just purchased an E3 CNC. I am eager to assemble and try the machine. I think it is an appropriate price tool to familiarize myself with the process and to learn what is required to build a larger 1.5 x 3 meter table in the future. I only just found this in Amazon search in a last ditch effort to avoid spending 1600 on an Xcarve I was not sure I would be happy with in the long term. Part of what convinced me was that I have a printer I built 3 years ago with a laser cut frame and mechanical structures. Over the three years I have replaced many of the mechanical parts with parts that I have made in other ways. In two weeks, I will finally remove the last of the laser cut plywood parts from that printer to form a full metal frame. It has served me more adequately in all that time. There have been plenty of review about systems that are too flexible and costly for limited functionality at any price from 1500 to 5000. Based on my previous experience with the frame stability technique used in the E3, I went with this machine over the competitor.
    Hey. I’m sure you’ve found it by now but the E3 has an upgrade to E4 option at bobs cnc
    They give you what you need to get the bigger table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk