LMR 8800 or Light Machines CNC Router HELP!!

Thread: LMR 8800 or Light Machines CNC Router HELP!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default LMR 8800 or Light Machines CNC Router HELP!!

Hey guys, i'm new to CNC and the forum. I recently purchased this LMR 8800 CNC Router at an auction the other day and i'm tinkering with it...looks like the card that comes with it...or didnt come with it in my case but was purchased when the machine was originally purchased for a local school. They likely used the same card for several cnc machines.

Here are some photos of the machine...

I have also attached a user manual in pdf form...it's the only thing I could find...hoping it's the same machine. I called the manufacturer and they want $1400 for the card which receives the 9-pin (2 effective) and 25-pin sata cord and is connected to cpu.

I'm hoping you guys can help...maybe there is an interface card to receive these cords or a workaround you guys know of where I can use this machine without paying the $1400. I would think some of the smart people on here have figured out ways to manipulate the machine to work best and with newer software...I'm not too interested in the workaround where I have to generate codes in one program and then get a file, then input that file in another program and then send it through a browser in another and it goes to the cnc...seems like something out there should do all of that for us but i'm not too picky, I just want this thing up and running. We intend on making mdf/ hdf cabinet fronts up to a specific size with this cnc router.

Thanks for all your help!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LMR 8800 or Light Machines CNC Router HELP!!-img_20160917_121548-jpg   LMR 8800 or Light Machines CNC Router HELP!!-img_20160917_121642-jpg   LMR 8800 or Light Machines CNC Router HELP!!-img_20160917_121759-jpg   LMR 8800 or Light Machines CNC Router HELP!!-img_20160917_121807-jpg  

LMR 8800 or Light Machines CNC Router HELP!!-img_20160917_121815-jpg   LMR 8800 or Light Machines CNC Router HELP!!-img_20160917_121735-jpg   LMR 8800 or Light Machines CNC Router HELP!!-stepper_router_win_manual-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LMR 8800 or Light Machines CNC Router HELP!!

If it uses stepper motors, which is very likely, You can use any of the common control software programs, like Mach3, or LinuxCNC. You'll need to do some rewiring and replace some of the components, but this can be done inexpensively.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LMR 8800 or Light Machines CNC Router HELP!!

I have the exact same machine and i am currently looking to bring it back to life with Mach3.... were you able to run it again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk