CAB CNC Router from Canada

Thread: CAB CNC Router from Canada

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile CAB CNC Router from Canada

Long story short, we needed another 4' X 8' CNC router because are larger one is as busy as the Hubble Telescope. We only need this one for light duty use, up to 3/8" plastic and 3/4" wood. I was very skeptical of the Asian machines and didn't want to spend over $20K. I found a small company Canada that makes a 4' X 8' and sends it it several boxes for you to complete assembly, and under $10K, that alone should of been my "click back" signal. I gave him the benefit of my doubt and went to his feedback page. Looks like there was 6 or 8 sold over the past year and all the feedback was positive. One feedback that stood out was the reason I made the purchase. The person said something to the effect that, "This machine must of been designed by a genius", that's a powerful statement. I emailed the guy and he responded to me to the point, no other means of the usual rhetoric to sell a machine that all you have to do is put a quarter in the slot and the part falls out. I guess through my sarcasm you can tell I have been using computer machines for a long time, yes over 25 years, I've heard it all, and paid for it too.
    Anyway, paid for it and received it in 6-7 boxes by UPS two weeks later, total bill under $9000.00! The guy told me that two of us can assemble it in about 2-3 hours. There were no directions with the machine.... Every bag was identified, every piece had markings on where and what direction it went, every nut, bolt, and screw, fit in every hole and location. He did email me a page of instructions but I left that in my email box and during the assembly I had no reason to read or print them. Here's how I see it after assembling this machine. If you need directions for assembly, you shouldn't be in the CNC business. I can't believe I said that in this day and age of purchasing and receiving product that in most cases is 75% as advertised.
    Everything including a computer and CRT (flat screen) came with this machine, and it had the demo version of MACH 3 on it as well. We like it, but we prefer another which we loaded without a problem.
    From the time we started assembly to the time we had it leveled and making parts was under 5 hours! We loaded one of our smallest part code that fit and cut 1100 on a 2' X 4' 1/4" expanded PVC. We were not sure of the cutting speed and accuracy so we set the machine a 40 IPM @ 23,000 RPM's. In less than 1.5 hours all 1100 parts were cut to perfection!
    I am known for being a perfectionist as a manufacture, so I am not easy to please. To say I'm impressed is a gross understatement, and even though I, (and I'm not absolutely sure yet) believe the machine is better for lighter duty cutting, as I needed it for, this experience is a first in my entire 30 + years of purchasing, and operating machinery. I guess you could say it's as easy to use as my toaster. I do not this guy, can't even remember his first name, and only emailed him twice, so in no way was I influenced to write this. I am a firm believer that credit is due to those who deserve it. If your in the market for a great machine, used within it's abilities, at a price that's on an Asian level, made in CANADA, don't pass this one by you can find his machine on ebay.
    Sincerely,
    Tony Castronovo
    President, Warehouse Hobbies Inc.