Need Help! AXYZ ToolPath Issues

Thread: AXYZ ToolPath Issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default AXYZ ToolPath Issues

Good Day to all!

Ive got a 1999 AXYZ 4008 with AMC controllers in it, I have toolpath version 2.8.03 (2.7) enroute 5 pro, as well as axyz's USB TO RS-485 converter box. My computer is running windows XP pro.

My problem is that the driver for the USB to RS-485 will not install, i have tried every method i know as well as talking with AXYZ they are lost... so i switched to another computer and it loaded the driver fine, so i transfered all of my software to the other computer. But now when i plug the router into the converter it does not even recognize there is a router there, AXYZ is still at a loss... Anyone have any suggestions? anyone running a similar setup?

I am trying to get this thing running as soon as possible, i got the router with no workstation, or anything just the table... I have 4 other routers i want to switch to enroute but want to test it first. this would be the ideal test platform.

thanks!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy same prob

Hi, we have the same problem or similar.

Have been running toolpath with enroute. Some how Enroute has lost the ability to save changes and settings, therefore every time I close Enroute and open again i need to restore everything including measurments, drivers etc.

I have loaded all programs to a new computer but what ever I do I cannot see the router, Toolpath says "no machines available".

Have I missed anything, a driver or check box????? Our local agent will charge us a fortune for what will be a simple fix..!!!!!!!

Last edited by leighmelb; 03-26-2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cselby View Post
    Good Day to all!

Ive got a 1999 AXYZ 4008 with AMC controllers in it, I have toolpath version 2.8.03 (2.7) enroute 5 pro, as well as axyz's USB TO RS-485 converter box. My computer is running windows XP pro.

My problem is that the driver for the USB to RS-485 will not install, i have tried every method i know as well as talking with AXYZ they are lost... so i switched to another computer and it loaded the driver fine, so i transfered all of my software to the other computer. But now when i plug the router into the converter it does not even recognize there is a router there, AXYZ is still at a loss... Anyone have any suggestions? anyone running a similar setup?

I am trying to get this thing running as soon as possible, i got the router with no workstation, or anything just the table... I have 4 other routers i want to switch to enroute but want to test it first. this would be the ideal test platform.

thanks!
    Have you looked into the possibility of getting a different USB to RS485 converter for the first PC setup?? Here at work we use several adapters from B&B Electronics all running on XP. Most work pretty well once installed. If there is a problem it usually is that someone installed another USB device or you plug the orginal USB device into a different port on the PC.

Robert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply. Does the converter require a driver to run. I have the machine talking to one computer but cannot talk to the other. I did install a serial port card as suggested by a tech over the phone, quoting that the converters are troublesome.

Thanks Leigh

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

WOW, my post has been viewed 387 times and I am not getting anybody other than Robert that's interested to help.

I am so very surprised by this!! We are running a cabinet making business and it is most important I find a solution to this problem and I thought that turning to a forum like this I would have been offered more help.

Sadly mistaken.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, i know this is a kinda old thread, but i also have a AXYZ 4008, had it setup and working using the toolpath software and i was using the axyz usb to rs485 converter and everything worked fine, but i dont really like toolpath software and i need something that will nest parts, so we purchased bobcad, i got a new computer running windows 7 64 bit, i cant seem to find a driver for the axyz converter box that will work with windows 7. i will be calling axyz tomorrow, and see what they have to say. have you had any luck with your problems leighmelb? i will try to help you all i can

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey mate (Kawman),

I back tracked and resurrected the old computer so my issues didn’t get resolved just brushed under the rug.

Our AXYZ agent here in Australia isn't very helpful.

The system we use is a designcad to draw kitchen cabinets, enroute to nest and toolpath to output to the machine..

May talk to you again, Leigh

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AXYZ ToolPath Issues

There is no driver for tool path to run the rs485 in win 7. You need to buy a new rs485 that is win 7 ready. Yes I know that this thread is very old.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default AXYZ ToolPath Issues

Quote Originally Posted by cselby View Post
    Good Day to all! Ive got a 1999 AXYZ 4008 with AMC controllers in it, I have toolpath version 2.8.03 (2.7) enroute 5 pro, as well as axyz's USB TO RS-485 converter box. My computer is running windows XP pro. My problem is that the driver for the USB to RS-485 will not install, i have tried every method i know as well as talking with AXYZ they are lost... so i switched to another computer and it loaded the driver fine, so i transfered all of my software to the other computer. But now when i plug the router into the converter it does not even recognize there is a router there, AXYZ is still at a loss... Anyone have any suggestions? anyone running a similar setup? I am trying to get this thing running as soon as possible, i got the router with no workstation, or anything just the table... I have 4 other routers i want to switch to enroute but want to test it first. this would be the ideal test platform. thanks!
    Hello Friends, I have same problem. Machine tool is working ok , but in tool path machine is not detecting. Is there any port property settings? What can we check for this problem?

Downloads
    Uploads

hello, which version of toolpath do you have? do you have a copy of your toolpath cd (drivers ect) and what windows are you running?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi,
    Yes I have CD of toolpath and I have installed it on Windows7.
    Tool path version is 2.803.2004.216
    It works on PC but it doesn't show communication with machine.
    We brought new USB to RS485 convertor from market and installed it, drivers are ok and shows comport also, but it is now showing connection in toolpath software.
    It shows remark not connected with machine in communication port window.
    We checked cables also if any problem, these are also ok.
    Now very confused. AXYZ persons are asking so much cost and service charges for this. If I change the whole controller, It's cost will be less than company charges.
    If could not run, I am going for new standard controller.
    Kailas Kumbhar
    NSK Industries
    Nashik - India