Need Help! Forest Scientific - CNC router table

Thread: Forest Scientific - CNC router table

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Forest Scientific - CNC router table

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with a company called Forest Scientific? They have been around for awhile and specialize in machines for education. Many universities and high schools use these machines. Their units are pretty high end, at least in terms of the price range.

I have a chance to look at a 4 x 8 with a vacuum table for under $15,000. The machine is almost new and I know the seller, it is not a scam, it is local to me.

Any thoughts on this machine? Any past experience from any educators that may have this machine? Original cost was over $25,000 a few years ago.

It has a 2.5 hp Hitachi router now, but I would go with a liquid cooled spindle if I purchase the unit.

Thanks for any information.

Mac

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Forest Scientific is 100 % legit. I purchased a CNC router from them back in the 1990's and looking to buy a newer one from them summer if my budget doesn't get cut. He as a nice ATC vacuum hold down CNC router that I want to get for my high school shop. I know other school districts have bought from him too. In fact I am going to one of my neighboring school districts (Pasco High) to look their CNC router that he sold them. It has the ATC and Vacuum hold down, etc..... There is also a video on youtube of one of this CNC's cutting out signs.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Forest Scientific - CNC router table

What post processor are you using for this machine?