Need Help! Suggestion for entry level CNC Fireball or Zenbot

Thread: Suggestion for entry level CNC Fireball or Zenbot

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Suggestion for entry level CNC Fireball or Zenbot

Hello:

I have been lurking around this forum for months now, reading and searching. I have downloaded all the software and slowly learned how to use it. I don't have the time right to build my first cnc, so I have narrowed it down to the Probotix V90 or a Zenbot 1216. Which machine would the experts here suggest? Or possibly another model staying in the 1000-2000 price range?

Thank You
    Stefon

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Zenbot for me

Hi Stefon,
    I'm a relative newbie to CNC myself and I was in the same situation as you. I read alot and lurked here to learn beforehand. I compared all major features and specs of the top rated desktop size machines and went with a Zenbot 2424. I decided that the usable table dimensions, speed and accuracy were all comparable so the price was the deciding factor. I came in at 1825.00 for the machine, controller, Mach3 license and shipping, not to bad for a decent setup that can cut most anything. I added a Rotozip 1500 and a HF router speed control for 100.00 more as well as the assorted tooling bits from Woodcrafter for around 100.00. All in all not too bad. I have learned the basics of CNC and have done several carvings in various materials with good results. Shaun at Zenbot is very helpful and accommodating to the novice user. I plan on making the 4th axis mod and I am completing my dust shoe soon. Ther is even a Zenbot users group on Yahoo if you need assistance. I am happy I went with Zenbot. If you need some help with setup or basic CNC stuff feel free to contact me, I will try to help if I can.

Regards,
    Mark