"Geometric Robotics" CNC offerings on eBay - opinions?

Thread: "Geometric Robotics" CNC offerings on eBay - opinions?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default "Geometric Robotics" CNC offerings on eBay - opinions?

Hi all. Is anyone familiar with these CNC machines:

items in Geometric Robotics store on eBay!

I'm particularly intrigued by:

CNC Router Engrave Mill Plasma 24x49 Commercial Milling | eBay

They look quite good for the price. I can't seem to find any reviews or reports of anyone using them though. Any experience or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks,

-John

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I am interested as well. I messaged the seller to ask if they had a website. They said they took it down as the demand was greater than capacity. They said that with ebay they can only list the equipment they can sell.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

WOW! I laughed so hard I p!ssed my pants. Several things are wrong with the "Machine" they advertise.

1. CNC Router Engrave Mill Plasma 24x49 Commercial Milling
    No where close to being a "Commercial Milling" machine. Unless you have been gnawing on material to shape it.

2. "Made in the USA" I can only speculate that they are very proud of this, or want to make sales because it says "Made in the USA".

Now if I take a sh!t and paint it yellow and I call it a Twinkie. Does that make it a Twinkie?

Take a look at the XZero Machines. Do your homework. I don't want to see you get taken for a ride.

Downloads
    Uploads

[
    Quote Originally Posted by iknowyoudo
    Now if I take a sh!t and paint it yellow and I call it a Twinkie. Does that make it a Twinkie?
    I actually think that's how they're made.

[
    Quote Originally Posted by iknowyoudo
    Take a look at the XZero Machines. Do your homework. I don't want to see you get taken for a ride.
    Thanks for the input! Is there a good website or place to get more information than the forums? Their website doesn't seem to be up and running yet. What I see on the forums looks great though.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

George is in the process of getting the website up. You can also visit him at XZero Cnc Routers on Facebook. I do not work for, or make financial gains from pointing you to him. I have spook with him multiple times and it was a good conversation. Some people will try to sell you the most expensive thing they have. George will point you to what you need, bare in mind the harder the material example, you want to cut A2 steel it will cost a lot more than a machine setup for cutting foam. Drop him a line to start dialog. He can better answer your questions about the machine he sells than I can. Plus he's not paying me. LOL

Downloads
    Uploads

The real problem with his routers is he is using fairly light duty extrusion and there is no bracing in the middle. The frame will flex horribly. I do not understand why they go through all the effort of machining and then use flimsy stuff. Thicker aluminum and extrusions would add a few hundred dollars and you would have a significantly more useful machine. As far as Xzero machines go, they are a lot of machine for the money. He must be buying in pretty large quantities to be selling stuff at his prices because if you price out the motion hardware he uses, well you will see what I mean.

Downloads
    Uploads

For $3k reduced from $5k this seems a very light construction machine!

I don't see it lasting too many machining sessions without it needing tightening and realigning. Especially so with the Bosch router supplied. I think you could do far better through ebay or elsewhere.

cheers,
    Ian

It's a state of mind!

Downloads
    Uploads

This is the best part on the info for machine you listed

...If you are not mechanical inclined and can't use a drill, file or sand paper please buy the assembled model.

XZero cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cheap cnc

i have this cnc in the photo
    the frame is braced internally with the x pattern in the extrusions
    its no record setter but its good for light hobby stuff
    i put a dab of loctite on the bolts and have not had any problems
    i am sure there are better options out there but for the money i dont think it was to bad

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: "Geometric Robotics" CNC offerings on eBay - opinions?

First off I think it is funny that some guy trashes someone else's machine then later shows he has a motive why...BUY MY BUDDIE'S MACHINE!!!
    Anyway, I am registering here to comment about Geometric Robotics. We have a 24x24 CNC for our business. Machine is great but we had our Z ball screw break. We have been waiting two weeks for Ed to get back into town. Multiple emails were sent without any reply. So I decide to send an email from a different account wanting to buy a machine. I received and email in less than 20 minutes regarding buying a new machine. I then told Mr. Williams that I only need parts to repair our existing. Have not heard back...I recommend that you do not buy this machine due to lack of support.

Also funny that the Xzero website is almost empty. Read this post, went to the zxero web site, now think xzero is the one with the issues....

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bayouburner View Post
    Also funny that the Xzero website is almost empty. Read this post, went to the zxero web site, now think xzero is the one with the issues....

Xzero's website works fine, you did go to XZero CNC Routers didn't you, and not click on the stupid forum inserted links in the posts below?

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also use the GR3 setup and couldn't be happier. The one thing Ed's setup lacks is a support group. I am working to fix this by creating a Facebook Group for owners to collaborate and future owners to ask questions. The FB group can be found here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/282095528878111/