Choosing between 3 german CNC routers

Thread: Choosing between 3 german CNC routers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Choosing between 3 german CNC routers

Hi!
    I want to buy a "tipical" desktop CNC router to work with different materials (wood, acrilic, plastic). The working area should be 1000 x 600 mm aprox. and my budget is under 4.5K (€). Searching in Europe I've found that most of the suppliers are german and after taking a close look at some of them, I think I should choose one of these 3:

-Heiz :
    3D-CNC-Engraver, Engraving and milling machines / CNC Router and CNC CAD CAM Software

·Two motors at X axis
    ·With free CAM Construcam 3D and WIN-PC NC light

-BZT:
    http://www.bzt-cnc.de/en/shop/cnc-po.../384-pf-1000-c

·One motor at x axis
    ·No free software
    ·Cheaper than Heiz

-CNC Concept
    Web:
    Basic1500, 3.095,00 €

Ebay: (with more information)
    http://cgi.ebay.es/3D-CNC-Graviermas...item27bd05200d

·One motor at X axis.
    ·The biggest working area 1300 (x)x700(Y)x130(Z)
    ·Free WIN-PC NC light
    ·Best price

I think that CNC Concept has the best price for what I'm looking for but I haven't found any feedback in this forum.
    I would be happy if anyone could help me choosing one of these routers or if there are other ones that could be interesting.

Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

The Heiz machines appear to be very nice..... I don't know anything about them or the company just what one reads on their web page.

Let us know what you decide.

Robert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Paalm View Post
    Hi!
    I want to buy a "tipical" desktop CNC router to work with different materials (wood, acrilic, plastic). The working area should be 1000 x 600 mm aprox. and my budget is under 4.5K (€). Searching in Europe I've found that most of the suppliers are german and after taking a close look at some of them, I think I should choose one of these 3:

-Heiz :
    3D-CNC-Engraver, Engraving and milling machines / CNC Router and CNC CAD CAM Software

·Two motors at X axis
    ·With free CAM Construcam 3D and WIN-PC NC light

-BZT:
    http://www.bzt-cnc.de/en/shop/cnc-po.../384-pf-1000-c

·One motor at x axis
    ·No free software
    ·Cheaper than Heiz

-CNC Concept
    Web:
    Basic1500, 3.095,00 €

Ebay: (with more information)
    3D | eBay

·One motor at X axis.
    ·The biggest working area 1300 (x)x700(Y)x130(Z)
    ·Free WIN-PC NC light
    ·Best price

I think that CNC Concept has the best price for what I'm looking for but I haven't found any feedback in this forum.
    I would be happy if anyone could help me choosing one of these routers or if there are other ones that could be interesting.

Thanks in advance!
    I am sitting with the exact same consideration - considering the same machines.

My thinking is;

CNC-Step
    - Pretty arrogant and derogatory towards competition - I don't like that, but they do have a lot of applications, and show off a lot of what they can do.

Using 2 motors for the X axis rather than one motor that drives two axes through a belt drive I dont see as neither an asset nor a liability. If there is no closed loop operation the likelyhood od the belt stretching or the stepper in one side loosing a step is the same.

The High-Z S-series does not have the same quality guides as the other machines - you need to go for the T-series to get that

Great amount of accessories - they will be able to help you get tool changers, 4th axis...

Clearly an experienced CNC company

BZT - I like the PFE range more than the alu profile build versions, albeit a bit higher priced and the delivery time is not fun

Great amount of accessories - they will be able to help you get tool changers, 4th axis...

Clearly an experienced CNC company

CNC-Concept
    I love that the T-nut plate is integrated and included - that will make the construction much more rigid.

The company is much less mature - you cannot get accessories, and a ton of knowledge on application does not seem to be there.

___

My general thought is that CNC-Concept has the best offer, but you might be up the creek without a paddle.

I use Alibre as a CAD system, and is seriously considering that I will be better off buying the CNC-Concept and use the money saved to buy ALIBRE CAM that integrates with PCNC - thus building an integrated system from the CAD to the CNC.

The thing I do not like about CNC-Concept is the lack of accessories, and expansion possibilities

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Choosing between 3 german CNC routers

Pretty much in the same boat in 2017.

What did you guys decide? This is the first review I've seen on the Heiz routers except for the ones on their website.

I'm hearing more negative "electronic" reports here than anywhere else. I was thinking they were pretty much flawless until I arrived here.

Set me straight if you can...they are the best I can possibly afford and they are a big stretch for me.

I appreciate any and all help you guys can offer.

Downloads
    Uploads

My findings on two of the three companies are as follows

BZT did not respond to two requests for a factory visit to inspect their machines, I wanted to combine this with a visit to CNC-Step.

CNC-Step welcomed a factory visit and machine demonstration.

CNC-Step may appear arrogant but this is not really the case, they are very confident of their ability which to be fair is well founded, they certainly don't welcome Chinese cut price equipment but who can blame them if they see this as a threat to their livlihoods and wealth.

So after my factory visit and fairly exhaustive research I ordered a High-Z S-1000T which is a ball lead screw equiped machine, I went with their controller and control software recomendations which were a 5 channel controller and Kinetic NC software, I ordered the Mechatron 800w HF spindle and a few other bits and pieces.

I personally collected the machine from the factory, everything was ready and the required software was installed on my Win 10 laptop.

The big thing with a machine like this is that not only does it have a good performance and accuracy, it is also plug and play, meaning that as soon as it is setup you can start working with it, no mucking around it just works.

I am making a variaty of commercial items and some hobby stuff, with care the machine can hold an 0.025mm dia accuracy on interpolated circles in 4mm carbon fibre and the same on flat sided pieces in the range up to 100mm, I have not done any work that required great accuracy that was larger than the above so have not carried out intensive inspection of the larger parts.

At one point I wanted some help with the calibration of the tool test switch and a factory technician done this via teamviewer which was really good.

Always the question is would you buy from a company again and I would say 'most certainly.'

Barrie

Barrie @ Composite Specialities Ltd. using BobCAD V30 Mill 3 axis Pro, Bricscad V14 and MOI V3 with CNC-Step High Z 1000S and Wabeco CC-F1210

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Bazzer,

I'm looking in the direction of CNC-Step machine like yours and just wondering if after 3 years you would have anything further to add? Do you still use it, has it performed to your satisfaction , let you down or surpassed your expectations? Did you buy another one?

Would appreciate your feed back.

Cheers

Mycro

Downloads
    Uploads

Mycro

I use the CNC Step more or less every day for quite long periods of machining, 8 hours 3D machining of teak today for an example.

I make a well above average living off the back of the machines capability, I am able to charge machine shop rates off of a high end hobby machine, I tackle a lot of machining of carbon fibre with the machine and that pays well.

The machine is completely reliable, it has never gone wrong at all, to be honest it runs like new and looks like new.

Spend the extra and get the Kinetic NC control, it is very capable and works out of the box.

When I collected my machine from the factory, they said to me " just plug it in and dont fiddle with anything and it will work" they were right.

CNC Step might be a little arrogant and less than complimentary about foreign competitors but they are defending their livlihood with an excellant product.

I have not bought another machine as I dont need to.

Any other questions then just ask.

Regards

Barrie

Barrie @ Composite Specialities Ltd. using BobCAD V30 Mill 3 axis Pro, Bricscad V14 and MOI V3 with CNC-Step High Z 1000S and Wabeco CC-F1210