Problem updating software

Thread: updating software

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation updating software

Hi guy's !

We are in process of upgrading our programming software but have a hard time finding what suits us.

We are currently using completely unlocked CMS Wintools as the main programming software. What's annoying is that the program is getting pretty old so we cant run higher than win98. As you guy's know it's time to change when you need other computer posts just to scan your drawings cause your new scanner isn't compatible with win98.

Now to let you guy's in on how we operate.
    We program with the actual language of CMSwintools no g-codes no CAD options. This means that we program and apply tool path's before and without even touching the "create line" in the cad/cam software. Basically we create the .txt file that the software creates when you acualy draw and add your tool path to that first line.

This way of parametric programming lets us use only one model program to machine the interior of any different width length and height of a part. Making one program for all is letting us work with a system that is almost 100% automated.
    Another point in this is that we only have to scan the order's bar code and the system automatically pickup's up the width length height and model and the amout of parts of the order.Then the generator's job is to simply place his tools in the rite spots for wintools to read our .txt file (model program) and generate it to send to the cnc.

Now i know some of you will say that wintools can be compatible with higher than win98. But not by the way we use it. Believe me we checked.

We looked it out with MasterCam and SolidWorks software programmers at a CNC show but didn't seem to be able to completely suite us.
    And then i heard a bit about AlphaCam that seem to maybe have what we are looking for.

So who and whats next ?

I appreciate any new help and info on if there's a software for us.

Thanks

Pat.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

So you want software to automatically create code for your parts with basically no user intervention? I read your post a few times, and that's what I'm seeing. I know nothing about CMS Wintools, and you really aren't giving much information.

What kind of parts? Can you explain with a bit more detail of what you're doing and what you want?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok so its easy for me to say :P

We make thermos MDF cabinet doors and drawers.

So lets say a client wants a specific interior shape for his doors or drawers. I make the main program either like we do now or with cad aid. The software has to work so i only have to make one program of this interior shape that wil adapt to anny dimensions.

Once it's done the client orders is doors and drawers for all of his kitchen. It prints out as and order form. (don't bother with this operation)

Then A so called "generator" (employee) scans them in the computer. this software has to grab theses info from the scans and nest them into 5X9 MDF sheets with what ever spacing we ask between them. Once this is done the generator places his tools in the specific location in the software and the software generates and sends g-godes to the controllers.

This is just a part of what this software as to do.I haven't talk about all the fine parametric tuning of STD models.

We are doing all of this right now and a hell of allot more. but its inconvenience is that we have to run with win98.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by C4M'R0n View Post
    So lets say a client wants a specific interior shape for his doors or drawers. I make the main program either like we do now or with cad aid. The software has to work so i only have to make one program of this interior shape that wil adapt to anny dimensions.
    I can only address this portion, Solidworks can take one general shape and using its "configurations menu " you can vary the dimensions to what you want and flip back and forth between the various versions. This may apply or not to your situation.

Good Luck
    Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

So you need a parametric MDF door program that will get it's info from a barcode, and output nested code.

Unfortunately, I can't help you to much.

I have just started using AlphaCAM, for about 2 months now. But we have an older version. I know they offer an extra cost MDF door module, and it does nesting, which is what we use it for. It can also be customized via VBA. I guess your best bet would be to contact them and see if it'll work for you.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If alphacam software can be customized in VB language i guess there's alot of option than can be applyed.

The company spent millions and millions to bring CMS Wintools to a completely opend programmable software just for us. I dont think anny software is working out right of the shelves like we want to. we'll have to start all over again with a newer software.

i'll have a deeper look at Alphacam thats for shure.

Thanks.