How do I clear my cookies?

Thread: How do I clear my cookies?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How do I clear my cookies?

To clear your cookies try logging out and if you return to the main index page via the link provided and you are still logged in, you may have to remove your cookies manually.
    Here are the instructions for Internet Explorer 5 on Windows:
    Close all Internet Explorer windows.
    Click the "Start" button.
    Move up to "Find" and click "Files or Folders" from the menu that appears.
    In the new window that appears, in the "containing text" field, type in the domain name of the board without the "http://" or "www." part. For example, if the board's address was "http://www.cnczone.com/forum/index.php", I would type in "cnczone.com" (without the quotes)
    In the "look in" box, type in "C:\Windows\Cookies\" (without the quotes) and press "Find Now"
    After it has finished searching, highlight all files (click a file, then press CTRL+A) and delete them (press the "delete" key or SHIFT+DEL)

Similar Threads:
    Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How do I clear my cookies?

How to delete cookies in Internet Explorer

For many years, Internet Explorer was the undisputed top browser in the market. These days,Mozilla's Firefox, Google's Chrome browser and Apple's Safari have taken sizable chunks of Explorer's previously huge market share.
    Use the steps below to clear cookies in Internet Explorer.

Step 1: Press Start

Step 2: Click Control Panel

Step 3: Double click Internet options

Step 4: Under the General Tab, you will see 'Delete temporary files, history, cookies, saved passwords...' Click Delete

Step 5: The Delete Browsing History dialog box will appear, click the 'cookies' checkbox

Step 6: Click the delete button at the bottom of the dialog box
    Step 7: You will be taken back to the Internet properties dialog box. Click 'ok'

Mozilla Firefox 2.0+ / 3.0+ / 4.0+/8.0+ How to delete cookies in Firefox

Before going through the steps below, make sure you are using the latest version of Firefox for your OS. Doing this ensures that you benefit from the latest security updates offered by your browser. Keep in mind that the more popular a browser is, the higher the chance that it is being targeted for spyware or malware infection.

Step 1: Look at the top end of your Firefox window and you will see a 'Firefox' button. Click it and click 'Options'

Step 2: Click on 'Privacy'

Step 3: You will see 'Firefox will:'. Set it to 'Use custom settings for history.'

Step 4: Click on the 'Show Cookies' button on the right side

Step 5: If you want to delete cookies set by individual sites, enter the complete domain or partial domain name of the site you want to manage in the search field. Your search will retrieve the list of cookies set for that site. Click 'Remove Cookie'

Step 6: If you want to delete all cookies, click the top of your Firefox window and click on your Firefox button. Click the History menu and pick out 'Clear Recent History...' Select 'Everything' for the 'Time Range To Clear' option. Click on the downward arrow located next to 'Details'. This will open up the list of items. Click 'Cookies' and make sure all the other items are unselected. Click on the 'Clear Now' button at the bottom. Close your 'Clear Recent History' window.

Google Chrome How to delete cookies in Chrome

Step 1: At the top right side of your browser toolbar, click on the Chrome icon

Step 2: Click on Settings

Step 3: Scroll to the bottom and click 'Show advanced settings'

Step 4: Under 'Privacy', you will see 'Content Settings', click on this

Step 5: Under 'Cookies', you will see 'All cookies and site data', click on this. Please note that you can block cookies altogether from being set on your browser by clicking 'Block sites from setting any data.' Unfortunately, many websites you browse will stop working if you do this. It is better if you just periodically clear your cookies manually instead of preventing them from being set by your browser.

Step 6: You will see a full listing of all your cookies. You can click REMOVE ALL to clear all your cookies or you can pick a particular website and clear your cookies from that site.

Safari How to remove cookies in Safari

Please note that if you change your cookie preferences in Safari or remove the cookies in your browser, this might remove or change the cookie settings in your other applications including your Dashboard.
    This guide is for OSX Lion

Step 1: Open Safari.

Step 2: Click Safari then Preferences. Click on 'Privacy.'

Step 3: Click on 'Details.'

Step 4: You will see a lit of websites that store cookies. You can remove single sites by clicking the 'Remove' button and selecting a site. If you want clear all cookies, click 'Remove All.'

Step 5: When you have finished removing sites, click 'Done.'

Opera
    How to clear cookies in Opera

Originally marketed as a 'fast' browser, Opera has developed quite a loyal, albeit small, following throughout the years. Follow these steps to manage your Opera browser cookies.

Step 1: Click 'Settings' at the top of your Opera browser.

Step 2: Click 'Preferences' and select 'Advanced'

Step 3: In the 'Advanced' screen, select 'Cookies'

Step 4: At this point, you can select one of three options: accept all cookies (this is the default setting), accept cookies only from sites you visit, and never accept cookies. If you block cookies, most of the sites you visit will stop working. This is usually not a good choice. Your best default choice is to accept cookies only from sites you visit. This blocks cookies set by advertising networks and other third party sites. These third party sites set cookies to track your movements across sites to enhance their ad targeting capabilities.

Step 5: Select 'Delete new cookies when exiting Opera'. If you want to use a specific website but don't want to keep any cookies for that site between your visits, select this option. It is not a good idea to use this option for sites you visit frequently.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]