How to Set up a Huanyang VFD and 2.2KW Air Spindle

Thread: How to Set up a Huanyang VFD and 2.2KW Air Spindle

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to Set up a Huanyang VFD and 2.2KW Air Spindle

So I'm sure this has been posted about before. In doing my research, I referenced a few pages here. But nowhere was I able to find any one list that had both all of the right settings, and was free of mistakes. Now I'm no expert, but I do have a good understanding of electronics. I also understand that the things I DO NOT KNOW, I am not going to post my opinion of where I "think" that setting should be.

The way this came about was that I ordered and received one of the cheap E-bay air cooled 2.2kw spindles and VFD combo. Now sure, it came with instructions. And I'm betting if I would have followed them, and changed those 4 (literally, just 4) settings that the spindle would have ran. For how long, and how well...who knows. I have heard plenty of horror stories about these, but also heard of lots of guys running them for years (and still) with no problems. So I had to get to the bottom of it. Just because this combo is cheap...well..it is still a real spindle, and a real vfd, and I really wanted to get it set up working properly with at least on/off control in Mach3.

Success! Here's how I did it:

If you search the web, you can find many lists for the settings on the Huanyang VFD. A lot of them are for

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to Set up a Huanyang VFD and 2.2KW Air Spindle

Quote Originally Posted by KB2WYL View Post
    So I'm sure this has been posted about before. In doing my research, I referenced a few pages here. But nowhere was I able to find any one list that had both all of the right settings, and was free of mistakes. Now I'm no expert, but I do have a good understanding of electronics. I also understand that the things I DO NOT KNOW, I am not going to post my opinion of where I "think" that setting should be.

The way this came about was that I ordered and received one of the cheap E-bay air cooled 2.2kw spindles and VFD combo. Now sure, it came with instructions. And I'm betting if I would have followed them, and changed those 4 (literally, just 4) settings that the spindle would have ran. For how long, and how well...who knows. I have heard plenty of horror stories about these, but also heard of lots of guys running them for years (and still) with no problems. So I had to get to the bottom of it. Just because this combo is cheap...well..it is still a real spindle, and a real vfd, and I really wanted to get it set up working properly with at least on/off control in Mach3.

Success! Here's how I did it:

If you search the web, you can find many lists for the settings on the Huanyang VFD. A lot of them are for
    And a lot of them have the wrong settings to safely run your VFD and spindle, the list I post have been copied hundreds of times and is what is needed for this VFD Spindle, so any deviation from this Parameter set, is you risk damage to your VFD or your spindle

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to Set up a Huanyang VFD and 2.2KW Air Spindle

Yeah it was pretty obvious that I accidentally hit somehting and posted that half way through, but good thing you were on it!