G-code to DXF (or similar) not possible?

Thread: G-code to DXF (or similar) not possible?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G-code to DXF (or similar) not possible?

Dear All,

in the last 15 hours I have looked into everything that is possibly available, to find a program that is capable of translating a 4 axis gcode to anything vectorial that I can later use. I have tried all the keywords I could think of (gcode -to vector, -to lines, converter etc.), and all I found was a couple of programs, that can read and display the 4axis toolpath properly, but when it comes to export (usually DXF), they merge the toolpath to a plane, or export nothing whatsoever. Is there a way without programming in matlab or LISP to just be able to export 3+ axis code? You are my last hope...

Cheers lads

p.s.: I haven't really used autocad in the last 10 years so I have no idea about that segment, if there is anything to do about this. All input well appreciated!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G-code to DXF (or similar) not possible?

Gcode 2000 Creates Gcode Mcode from AutoCAD DXF Files Shipped Via Download | eBay

try this

I used it a few couple times in the past, it working great.. unlikely most gcode editor it can import 3dpolys..
    has a separated settings to enabling Z values within import..

im not sure if it converts arcs that were not coplanar with the wcs..

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

keep in mind that g-code just represents the machining instructions - not the drawing or model it was created from.
    Getting the original drawing or model back is very difficult because of all the tool radius compensations the CAM did (unless it is just an engraving - then it is relatively easy).
    The g-code itself does not contain enough information for an automatic conversion.

Christian

My CAM Software and CNC Controller: www.estlcam.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have used the hybrids on my machine. Have pushed the speeds up to 3000mm/min. Have a look on youtube for krv2000 cnc conversion.
    Got the hybrids ao that i did not have to worry about missed steps. Truth is i could have done without them because i have a smoothstepper and shielded cablea throughout. nd of course my C3 ground ballscrews. Its just one less inaccuracy to deal with which appealed to me.
    The G540 kicks ass too. I have run my RF45 clone on it for a while but found it limiting in terms of current. For small light machines its amazing.

Downloads
    Uploads

sajti

if you converted flat, then that's it.. you can roll up to the diameter the vectors..
    or, it was a surface, then generate the surface first, make an offset with toolradius, and theres your 3d

of course you have to roll it up, or bend or wrap..

it just too complicated to reversing if the original lost..

also consider what actually chris saying.. as toolpath were calculated, like a pocketing after you reverse to dxf the the tool path, still a lot work to create the original draving..