Was feeling good about the progress I was making. Finished cutting all the ribs for the y axis, was going to move onto the skins for the torsion box when I noticed a problem while reading another build log. The vertical braces were not cut all the way though on others builds only pocketed
. And what do many of us do when we make a mistake. Yup make more mistakes. I tried recutting the braces but did not take my time and did not align the sheet well and made a terrible cut. Ug.
So I've decided to move on and just keep building with what I have. If there is too much defelctioon I'll cut out some 1/4" mdf to glue over the holes I made. If that doesn't work I'll just cut a new y axis with the new build. Even with the cutouts this build should be more ridgid that my current setup and with the larger cutting area new parts should be a walk in the park. Famous last words.
If you don't think this is adequate let me know and I suck it up and recut the part taking my time for alignment.