If it is not too much bother, would it be possible to run one more calc for me?
- 6 x 6 x 1/4 in Al tube
- Unsupported distance of 5 ft (so 2 ft shorter)
- An extra 1/4 in Al plate running the length of it on the router side (will be used to make a dead flat surface for the rail mount)
- One version of this is to have this Al plate on the bottom of the gantry
- The the other version is to have it on the side of the gantry
- 100 lb load vertical and horizontal load (just for internal consistency if nothing else, and 100 lbs is easy to scale from)
My hand calculation (without the extra 1/4 in plate) is less than 0.001 inches, so I am not sure if I messed up.
I even tried a 4 x 4 x 1/4 inch, and at a 5 ft length, the deflection still looks very low - less than 0.001 inch.