C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.

Thread: C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.

Hi everyone.

Since my last post I have gotten rid of my cheap chinese breakout board and purchased a real CNC4PC board.

So I have wiring questions again.

Pictures don’t really do as well without a list, so here’s the wires I have to connect and where they come from:

5056 CONTROLLERS:

There is a total of 7 wires collectively coming from the controllers to go to the C10 Breakout Board. 3 white, 3 green and 1 red.

--------X/Y/Z “PUL +” and "DIR +" are all wired together on their independent controllers with 3 short jumpers, and then there’s a jumper from “DIR +” from Z to Y, then from Y to X, then from X to the breakout board. Red wire from X Controller goes to which pin on the breakout board?

--------X/Y/Z Controllers have a green wire from “DIR –“ to be assigned to pins on the breakout board. Which pin does each go to, Z-Y-X?

--------X/Y/Z Controllers have a white wire from “PUL –“ to be assigned to pins on the breakout board.
    Which pin does each go to, Z-Y-X?

C41 PWM SPEED CONTROL BOARD REV 2.2
    I have 5 wires coming from this board to go to the C10 Breakout board.

--------From the bottom corner of the board, near the RJ45 connector, there is “POWER”, BLACK wire in “GND” and RED wire in “5V”. These two wires would go where in the C10?

--------Kitty corner from this is “INPUTS”. WHITE wire in “PWM”, BLACK wire in “GND” and GREEN wire in “DIR”. (SEE PIC 4)

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST!!!!!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.-img_20170107_173616887-800x450-jpg   C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.-img_20170107_173625102-480x853-jpg   C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.-img_20170107_173639213-480x853-jpg   C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.-img_20170107_173647082-480x853-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Li

EMERGENCY STOP AND 5V POWER SUPPLY

I have a RED and BLACK wire coming from the Emergency Stop, as well as a RED and BLACK wire coming from the small AC Power Supply in the box. Where do these 4 wires go?

C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.-img_20170107_173718401-480x853-jpg
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

DB9 CONNECTOR MARKED “INPUT” ON CASE
    Now for the plug that is really confusing me…. There is a DB9 Plug coming from the rear of the case. It has 5 wires that need homes on the C10 board.

PIN 1- BLACK
    PIN 2- BLUE
    PIN 3- BLUE
    PIN 4- BLUE
    PIN 5- BLUE

All of these wires need a home.

C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.-img_20170107_173745486-480x853-jpg

On the DB9 Connector PIN 6 is BLACK and PIN 7 is RED, and both run to the PWM SPEED CONTROL BOARD “ANALOG OUTPUTS” GND and 0-10V connectors.

It seems from looking at my mill that the original builder had the DB9 set up to be assigned for the limiting switches? There’s a smaller board on the back of the mill. I can get a picture of this if it helps?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

ANY help is appreciated here guys. I really need to get this up and running.

I’ve got a PC setup with Linux to run it, as well as my mouse, keyboard, monitor ready to go. All that’s left as far as fabrication of parts is to get the mount for the monitor and stuff done and attached to the housing. Once I get it running the other parts that I wanted to modify are things that I am way more familiar with. This wiring part is totally foreign to me though. Sorry if this is all very stupid, elementary questions.

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Li

Did you not read any manuals, or do you just have no idea what you're doing?

See this: http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/C10R10_WG.pdf
    This shows where to connect the power supply and estop.

I believe that you want to set the 5V-Common jumper to +5V, and connect your red wires(Pul+ and Dir+) to the "com" terminals along the bottom.
    White wire (Pul-) to pins 2,4,6 (X,Y,Z).
    Green wire (Dir-) to pins 3,5,7 (X, Y, Z).

There a wiring diagram for connecting the C41 to the C10. http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/C10R10_AND_C41.pdf
    DB9 CONNECTOR MARKED “INPUT” ON CASE
    Now for the plug that is really confusing me…. There is a DB9 Plug coming from the rear of the case. It has 5 wires that need homes on the C10 board.

PIN 1- BLACK
    PIN 2- BLUE
    PIN 3- BLUE
    PIN 4- BLUE
    PIN 5- BLUE

All of these wires need a home.
    If you don't know what the wires do, nobody can help you. It would have been helpful to see where they were connected on your old board, as well as where the other end goes to.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Did you not read any manuals, or do you just have no idea what you're doing?

See this: http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/C10R10_WG.pdf
    This shows where to connect the power supply and estop.

I believe that you want to set the 5V-Common jumper to +5V, and connect your red wires(Pul+ and Dir+) to the "com" terminals along the bottom.
    White wire (Pul-) to pins 2,4,6 (X,Y,Z).
    Green wire (Dir-) to pins 3,5,7 (X, Y, Z).

There a wiring diagram for connecting the C41 to the C10. http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/C10R10_AND_C41.pdf

If you don't know what the wires do, nobody can help you. It would have been helpful to see where they were connected on your old board, as well as where the other end goes to.
    As stated ger, this aspect of this machine is foreign to me. I'm looking for information about the wiring, not discussions about my knowledge on the subject.

No different than people who come to me and ask questions about engine internals on their vintage bikes who are getting into working on motorcycles. At first, they just need to know "Where does this part go?" They can learn the theory later if they want to stop paying guys like me to build things for them, but for now just an answer will suffice.

I didn't build this machine. I don't know much about it aside from that I wanted to run Linux instead of Mach because I do have some experience with that and that the smoothstepper ethernet board that was in there was problematic for that from what I was told. A C10 was the answer that I was given by people who know more about the hardware of this machine than I do at present when it comes to the electronics side of things.

I will take a look at the links. Thank you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Forgot I had this pic. I'm gonna just backengineer where everything was in here and match it up. Should be set.

Thanks!

C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.-photogrid_1483898233221-800x800-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Part of the problem is that there is no color standard in your wiring.
    The area marked power is for the supply to the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    Part of the problem is that there is no color standard in your wiring.
    The area marked power is for the supply to the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah, it doesn't make things easier.

So here's where I'm at.

I think the C41 board and controllers, estop and AC wall wart are done. Can someone who knows about this tell me if I'm on the right track?

The left column is the C10 assignments, and the right is what I've attached.

The orange marks indicate unassigned....

C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.-img_20170109_193858739-768x1365-jpg

Now, back to the confusing part.

I've got 5 open wires coming from my DB9 port.

1 black and 4 blue.

Would I be right in assuming black is likely ground and 1 of the blues is power, while the other 3 blues are X Y and Z limits? Does this make sense? I'm positive these are the connections for the limit switches. Here's what I have...

C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.-img_20170109_195355-jpg

Pin 6 and 7 go to the find and power 0-10v on the P41 board.

I just need to figure out these last 5 wires and it's running.

I've been reading about the boards online and I think I'm getting an idea of how this all works out.

Thanks in advance.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So DB9 INPUT on my control box is connected to a small DB9 breakout board on my mill.

C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.-photogrid_1484098607929-800x800-jpg

All of the blacks from my limits are in 1.

2, 3, and 4 are the other wires from the limit switches and 6 and 7 are connected to the electrical control box of the left side of the head.

C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.-2017-01-10_19-34-00-800x599-jpg

1-4 explains 4 wires of the blue and black.

Hoping that can help figure this out.

Downloads
    Uploads

2,3, and 4 would go to pins 10,11,12,13, or 15.
    1 goes to a 5V terminal next to the above inputs.

Post a pic of what 6 and 7 are connected to?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    2,3, and 4 would go to pins 10,11,12,13, or 15.
    1 goes to a 5V terminal next to the above inputs.

Post a pic of what 6 and 7 are connected to?
    Makes sense. I can get 1-4 there, no worries. Just out of curiosity though, pin 5 on the DB9 in the controller has a blue wire from it. 1-4 takes care of the limits. What would 5 possibly be for? There's nothing connected at 5 on the DB9/TERMINAL board at the mill.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

K, think I've got er squared away. The highlighters list above plus the connections you mentioned Ger21.

Here's a pic of the back of the head with the white cabling that's coming from 6/7 on my DB9 breakout board (which is connected to "N.O." on Relay 2/ C41 board and "HAND" next to "0-10v" on C41.

C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.-img_20170111_212959030-480x853-jpg

Also popped the front speed indicator off and looked. It would appear that the red wire is connected to the transformer, top left in the pic, and the black is wired down to a terminal on the bottom right of the board....There's an "F-" next to it if I recall.

C10 Wiring questions. Swapped to REAL C10 board. Getting rid of Mach and going Linux.-img_20170111_224521-600x1067-jpg

Any guesses what these may be?

And pin 5 I wired to a 5v, because it seems that's what it was wired to on the C25.

Thanks for the help Ger. You're the man.