Mach3 Digitize Probe issue with CNC4PC C10 Board

Thread: Mach3 Digitize Probe issue with CNC4PC C10 Board

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 Digitize Probe issue with CNC4PC C10 Board

Good evening,

I recently purchased a CNC4PC C10 board which worked great on my last machine. I also purchased a new CNC and I don't have the instructions to the controller. I thought it'd be safer to add a second LPT port and a second controller to use for the input for the digitize probe for a Auto Zero for the Z axis.

I hooked the new one up exactly per instructions (and just like my last machine I built) and when I short the connection to test it, I have to hold the wires together for a couple seconds before the digitize light comes on on the Mach3 diagnostic screen. Then after it comes on, it stays frozen on and won't go off?

Anybody got any ideas what might be the issue and how to fix?

Changes I tried:

1. Changed out the wires to two 6 inch long wires to test / short the pin and it does the exact same thing.
    2. Tried two other input ports on the C10
    3. Changed the Up/Down pin on the controller board.

When I reboot the computer and re-open Mach3 the digitize light is turned off again, but I still have to hold the wires together for 2 or 3 seconds and it locks on again..... obviously this isn't going to be good trying to do an Auto-Z.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    Shane