One Wallwart for C10 & C33?

Thread: One Wallwart for C10 & C33?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default One Wallwart for C10 & C33?

I have a C10 and C33 BOB and each have their own wallwart. Each wallwart is 5VDC, 1.0A

The output of each BOB is 24mA

Is it safe to connect both C10 and C33 to one wallwart?

My control panel is too tight and only have a space for one wallwart.

Nicolas

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: One Wallwart for C10 & C33?

The current draw from each BOB may vary under use(load) but the 1A wall wart may handle it. I recommend you try it and maybe monitor the 5V with a DC volt meter or multimeter (DCV) on the volts function in a range for the 5VDC. You can also get a good idea of the wall wart performance by setting the volt meter to a low range millivolt AC (mVAC). Monitor the voltage each way when the BOB's are powered and also when they are powered and in use such as cutting air or some other safe exercise while you monitor the voltages. Theoretically the 1A wall wart should work fine but I am suspecting there is a varying current when operating. The AC millivolts should be very low maybe even 5mV or less. If the AC millivolts goes over 25-50 ACmV then you may want to use a different wall wart. 2A wall warts are fairly easy to find. Also the 5VDC should not drop more than about .2 volts (200mVDC) when powered idle Vs powered and in use.

I would not be afraid to try it and measure the 5 volt line as I described. The BOB's may not work correctly/reliably with low voltage but low voltage should not cause damage for such a short duration as to test.
    Regards.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: One Wallwart for C10 & C33?

The unknown is the volts / amps during operation but as you suggested I will try to measure both during operation. I’m sure one wallwart will handle both BOB’s but I must be sure about it

Nicolas