Need Help! Help!! Cnc4pc c62 and spindle relay

Thread: Help!! Cnc4pc c62 and spindle relay

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help!! Cnc4pc c62 and spindle relay

I know Arturo is a busy guy and I'm having some issues setting up my spindle.

So far I can the the analog voltage working properly but not getting the drive to turn on. When I'm checking every connection , I noticed that my on board relays aren't sending any voltage to the vfd though I confirmed by hearing them click and getting the relay to switch from no to NC with pwm control.

My bet is that I need to hook up input voltage to the v-in terminal on the relay to supply the voltage. I haven't attempted that yet because I also don't like seeing boards smoke! Each relay has no v-in and NC. Against the relays are switching as they are supposed to, but no juice is coming out of the relay at all.

Suggestions for anyone using c62 or c32 boards? Do I need to supply external 12-24v to the v-in of the relay?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help!! Cnc4pc c62 and spindle relay

Hi skubajon,

Did you ever get this working as i am having the same problem?

thanks
    Dean

Downloads
    Uploads

You do realise there is a RJ45 plugin that has all teh signals need to hook up a VFD. You plug in a Cable and land the leads at teh vfd . Configure teh output and you are basically done.

Just a thought, (;-)TP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi TP,

Do you mean a RJ45 plugin for Mach and the ESS? or do you mean a RJ45 that plugs into the C62 board. If a Mach or ESS Plugin, no, I didn't know there was one or where to get it. If you mean to plug in to the C62, yes I have already tried this and have set up the board and Mach as instructed to use this function, but again, it will not work.

Arturo sent me an email yesterday saying he will send me a new board as some of the lights that are showing up on the board is not correct, and that some of the instructions he has sent me to follow will still not work so may be a faulty board.

This is what i thought from the beginning as I would expect the E-Stop to function by sending a signal back to Mach as least.

What would be really good is if someone that understands the Mach3 / 4, ESS, Huanyang VFD inside out could write a setup guide for dummies.

As i am using the C62 board, there is very little information on the Web about the settings and jumpers etc except from CNC4PC but these instructions are written in such a way that the customer is supposed to understand things like an expert which just isn't helpful.

It is talking to you guys on the forums where I have learnt the most, but it is very difficult with a faulty board to know if what i am doing is correct or not.

I will let you know how i go when i receive the new board.

thanks
    Dean

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    You do realise there is a RJ45 plugin that has all teh signals need to hook up a VFD. You plug in a Cable and land the leads at teh vfd . Configure teh output and you are basically done.

Just a thought, (;-)TP
    I was hooked up through the RJ45 port....

The problem was that Huan yang had placed the stickers on upside down so all my ports were wrong anyhow. I finally figured it out after Googling and seeing wires wired up on opposite side and then caught the decal placement.

It then worked like a charm!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply, would you be able to send me photos or a diagram of some sort as i don't fully understand what you mean.

Regards
    Dean

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can see the top label was upside down causing my issues. Check to see if your label is correct. I ended up purchasing a Hitachi vfd after some other problems.

I followed Arturos wiring diagram on the website. I'm pretty sure the c62 and c32 have same RJ45 wiring for the HY inverter. I remember I found more info looking up wiring diagrams from the c32.

Another thing to keep in mind is your actual cable. Your colors might be different!!! I found this when I went with a longer cable I bought at home Depot lol. It had the blue and green pairs swapped. So when you follow his diagram, your wiring is incorrect unless you bought his cable or bought a cable that matches his. It's best to go from pin to pin and not worry about the cable colors. Verify with voltmeter to make sure wires are right.

I ended up spending a couple hours replacing a cable through all the cable chain etc because of this lol. Then you figure it out and bang your head on wall

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This shows the cabling color variance. So if you plug this in and hook up like the wiring diagram shows by color, you may not be hooked up right.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi skubajon,

Thanks for the photo and explanation. i will go and check the label to make sure it is the correct way around.

the diagram for the RJ45 is exactly the same diagram I used being the T-568B

This setup worked for the Motor Drives.

I have looked at the wiring diagrams but cannot work out which contacts on the RJ45 socket belongs to which wire. Would you have a diagram on this, or is it okay to test it by swapping over the different wires between T-568A and B?

Regards
    Dean

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/C62R5%20...th%20Alarm.pdf

Try this link. This is for the c62

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks skubajon,

This is the same diagram i have used but i am now sure i have a faulty board.

i just received an email from Arturo from CNC4PC and he asked me to check something which i did and it did not function (where it should have functioned)

He said he will send me a new board so hopefully that will fix all problems.

Apparently, i am not getting any output signals from the bob so this could also be the same for the RJ45 output.

I will keep you posted of what happens when i get the new board.

thanks
    Dean

Hi DeanR181,

Did you ever get this working? Also, did you end up getting a new C62 board?

I'm in the process of wiring mine up as well. Although, mine is a bit different, I'm running an Adlee AM-1000 with a BL2.

I've been chatting with Arturo about figuring out the pin configuration to the BL2 but as of right now I even have him stumped - :LOL! Arturo is a great guy and has always been willing to help me out.

One of my biggest concerns is the fact that I want to use my G0704 in both CNC and manual mode. From what I'm being told this will take some work but... nothing is ever easy - LOL!

I'm interested to hear how you made out Dean. Keep us posted!

Cheers!
    -Sam

Downloads
    Uploads

Could someone tell me how to get in touch with Arturo?

Thank you
    Joseph

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joemusso View Post
    Could someone tell me how to get in touch with Arturo?

Thank you
    Joseph
    Get on cnc4pc.com and find the contact section. Or sales@cnc4pc.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A year later I come along looking to fix the same problem on my mowsheen...Skubajon, You surly found out the magic that made your c62 work. Would you or anyone else share what you did to make it work? Please. I'm using a wj200-022sf VFD, C62 multi, UC300ETH/UC300-M45, KL8070d drivers, UCCNC. Cannot find the right combination to turn the spindle on except manually on the VFD. MY C62 looks like Skubajon's previous pic except I have connected 12V to the terminals along the right side marked "OEM" and a RJ45 cable to the VFD. It could be the settings in the VFD or I might need more wires connected. I'm at a standstill and I hate to bug Arturo and I'm sure he won't mind too much.
    Thanks,
    Jake

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jake, I couldn’t get the spindle to run using the RJ45 cable either, no matter what I tried. I just gave up and used the relays to trigger the VFD. Did you get it to work using the RJ45 cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DeanR181 View Post
    Hi Jake, I couldn’t get the spindle to run using the RJ45 cable either, no matter what I tried. I just gave up and used the relays to trigger the VFD. Did you get it to work using the RJ45 cable?

Hi Dean, what I did was skipped the RJ45 hookup on my WJ200 VFD by clipping the plug off and wired it directly to the terminals. The 2nd thing was to change the jumper on the VFD, not having the VFD in front of me, I don't remember which terminal I connected it to. Check the manual and if you are using the HY, they may not be the same. All I know it started working and has since. Hope that makes sense. If you go to CNC4pc for info, check under C32 docs for wiring a WJ200 to rev5.
    Jake

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LeeGlen View Post
    Hi Dean, what I did was skipped the RJ45 hookup on my WJ200 VFD by clipping the plug off and wired it directly to the terminals. The 2nd thing was to change the jumper on the VFD, not having the VFD in front of me, I don't remember which terminal I connected it to. Check the manual and if you are using the HY, they may not be the same. All I know it started working and has since. Hope that makes sense. If you go to CNC4pc for info, check under C32 docs for wiring a WJ200 to rev5.
    Jake
    Thanks Jake. I’ll revisit this and see if I have overlooked something.