New Machine Build DIY- CNC Embroidery Machine

Page 1 of 51 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY- CNC Embroidery Machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DIY- CNC Embroidery Machine

Today when i was surfing net, i saw amazing DIY embroidery machine.
    http://hackedgadgets.com/2006/04/07/...ed-embroidery/
    What is ur idea about it?...

This is simple 2D table and i think any 2D CAM software can handle...

Any comments....

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for posting Khalid. Couldn't get the link on that site to work and it seems others are having difficulty making it work as well. Did you actually see the instructions on his link? Did you download them? If so, I'd like a copy if you don't mind. I can imagine these instructions are pretty simple given the photo on the page you posted. I'd like to see if/how he interfaced the speed control for the sewing machine motor... Thanks again for the post. -Doug

Downloads
    Uploads

Doug sorry to say i have nothing with me bout that....I posted here to have some discussion with great minds here..
    I hope some one will see to DIY it and post here his progress...Currently the instructions webpage is not working and the INSTRUCTOR did n't posted any where else, as i surf the net for 3 hours..

Downloads
    Uploads

That machine started on this site here http://130.94.182.150/

I think I posted about the machine a year or 2 ago, I don't see the machine now, but I know this is the actual site.

They have an email in the link above.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Downloads
    Uploads

You won't actually have an embroidery machine. You will have a plotter that draws (sews) on fabric, but not true embroidery. Embroidery is actually more like a 4 axis machine than a 2 axis machine. In addition to X and Y, you have needle up/down positioning AND tensioning. It's not just speed control. I've been doing machine embroidery for years.

There is a machine out there than uses a regular sewing machine for quilting purposes, and that machine is a PC Quilter (www.pcquilter.com) and I have one of those too. I know the guy who invented that machine and it's pretty nice. He created his own command language for it too. Similar to G-Code, but optimized for functionality needed for quilting. That machine is pretty much just x and y and does outlining or plotting type work.

Wade

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Since I own a singer futura 200 (I think) I can say for sure for the 700 bucks it costs to buy one. Just buy one. You get the software you will need and that to do it.

The thing for sure works. Not the fastest enbroider machine but for home use and if you are not dependant on time doing batch jobs (ie load string let it run a pattern while you are washing dishes ect ect. Let it stop change string when you have time. Then it's a great machine.

b.

Downloads
    Uploads

Since long..I am behind the idea how to build quilting machine with CNC controller..Attached video shows the simple machine controlled through CNC with Mach software..

I want to make the same..what are the limitations??..

I think it had the X and Y steppers/servos only...complete machine is mounted on rails...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Khalid

here is the page I found for this embroidery machine... http://130.94.182.150/embroidr.htm

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks my friend..I am going to make the machine like PCQUILTER website...hope it will work..

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't Show the above video to your wife/girl friend or any female relative... This will make you in trouble and like me you will also indulge in making one...

Just see whats happened..lets cross the fingers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default pcquilter

Looks like that thing isnt much more than a sewing machine mounted on a xy table... should be pretty simple..Skate bearings and conduit pipe configuration on MDF. and you could use printer steppers as the drive motors...since the accuracy isnt a factor

Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes Bob you are right...I will check it and try on it..If u have any ideas then post here..we shud work as a team to build it and troubleshoot afterword

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok lets set some parameters...
    1) is it for quilting or embroidery?
    If for quilting then the Y (long axis) slide will have to be 60in to make a full length quilt. If for embroidery then there will have to be a thread change turret unless it is built into the sewing machine. and the slides will not have to be as large

2) size of slides?
    My take.... if it is for a small frame we could use drawer slides in 24in or larger for the X (short axis) and use timing belt for linear movement as I think speed is important. A lead screw is overkill and allthread would be too slow. However thinking about it a sewing machine is not very fast at stitching

Downloads
    Uploads

Bob..thanks for insight...It will be quilting type bcause my wife like it and i dont want to get the complication of embroidery..I think we can use 8mm lead screw and the rest sizes u mentioned are perfect...

Tomorrow i have to give presentations on Heat Exchanger and Corrosion..so quit busy...here in Pakistan the time is 2344HRS and i have to do a lot work...

Thanks again for participating...I hope we will make the drawings and cut it with our CNC..

TC

Downloads
    Uploads

This machine is in Still my dream..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Khalid
    I have had my head in another project...A tshirt printer.... it is a pretty simple and cool project..I have it about 1/2 built...I was looking at this project the other day and thought it may be my next.... So lets get back into it....congrats on the win in the toybox contest.

Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Embroidery machine

Khalid
    I found Wilcom software can support for embroidery machine.This software is same as Cam software. Have you ever heard with this software?
    Here's the other software which can support with embroidery machine
    Wilcom 9
    Wilcom 2006
    Tajima 11
    Tajima X2
    WingsXP 2.12 1.5
    Optitex 9.6
    Bernina 4
    Drawing X3
    My country sell it about 300 USD for licence file.

Mongkol

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Khalid

As it turns out I happened onto a friend who has a manual version of this machine. I was amazed as to the simplicity it would be to convert it to cnc or build from scratch. Hers was a v-bearing design mounted on a 2 ft x 10 foot wooden table. I will get some pics and share them with you...If you are still interested in designing a cnc quilter. X and Y are the only axis needed. the foot has a cup of sorts to allow movement of Z axis in all directions so a stepper is not needed here. Maybe an A axis to control the rolling of the fabric to progress to the next line of quilting design.
    I think Mach3 could control this easily. standard acme screws will more than suffice for lead screws as it would not need to be fast. even a belt drive as accuracy is also not critical.

Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

There already is a CNC quilting machine. www.pcquilter.com

Wade

Page 1 of 51 123411 ... LastLast