Another Aussie Auto Tool Zero Setter - Page 2

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Aussie Auto Tool Zero Setter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks greg, will look at this a lil while
    looks like you install it by clicking view in the menu then load screens
    i see the autozero already has a vb script with it by lookin at it with the editor under tools. wont be able to play with it tonight thou
    machines up in the shop and i'm in the house watching my son ( wifes night out)
    dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Glidergider View Post
    Greg,
    Are the steps to install your 1024.set simple? Any help in that area will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    You just need to place it in the Mach3 directory.

When in Mach select View / Load Screens, Then navigate to Mach3 directory and select the screenset you want.

As Dan said the macro assigned to the "Auto Tool Zero" button is already embeded in the screenset.

You will need to access it via Operator / Edit Button Script, and make changes aplicable to your needs.

Greg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the instructions. I think I've got it. Works great so far.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm really enjoying the new screen (thanks Greg). I love that test button. Outstanding.

I do have a follow up question. My local buddy here in Huntsville also tried the "modified 1024". He's just getting started with his JGRO. He claims that after powering down Mach3, then restarting the next day, the Mach3 screen is blank (white). Any ideas why that's happening?

I told him to reload the "modified 1024" screen, then save fixture when he gets out next time. I don't know if that helps.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default thanks

yes, thanks greg for that modified screen, i'm using it all the time,
    you can use it during a manual tool change in the middle of a job and it works great, not using the offsets yet, but i probally will.

one thing i had to add was a spindle on/off button, couldnt turn on spindle with F5 and some of the wizards expect you to do it manually.
    so i just copied the one on the basic screen, then loaded 1024 mod screen and pasted it where i wanted it.
    now i can turn on the spindle if the wizard doesnt include that command in the gcode automaticly.
    dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Glidergider View Post
    I'm really enjoying the new screen (thanks Greg). I love that test button. Outstanding.

I do have a follow up question. My local buddy here in Huntsville also tried the "modified 1024". He claims that after powering down Mach3, then restarting the next day, the Mach3 screen is blank (white). Any ideas why that's happening?

I told him to reload the "modified 1024" screen, then save fixture when he gets out next time. I don't know if that helps.
    Hi guys,
    I thought I bump this question once again. Any ideas why Mach3 doesn't remember the modified 1024 screen after a reboot?
    Thanks,

Downloads
    Uploads

I have never needed to do it but there is a "Save Layout" under the View Menu.

Has he tried that before shutting down?

Greg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll pass that info on. I doubt that he tried it. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for posting this.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

mine is just put in the mach3 directory ( c:mach3) and it works great.
    dan

Downloads
    Uploads

This is really helpful - thanks for sharing it with the rest of us. When I get a chance I'm going to figure out how to change the input from probe to z-home, but for now it's easy enough to just continue using the default probe input.

At 12 IPM, I seem to be overshooting true 0.000" by .005", so I compensated by adjusting the probe thickness in the dialog and it works out just fine for my needs.

Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Steve,
    I had the overshoot problem too, so I slowed the travel speed down, way down. Now it works perfectly. The trade off is that it takes 10 seconds longer, but that's ok.
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dave,

I saw that you had the same issue as well. I'll slow things down if I start to have any problems. Another solution that was discussed here was doing the operation in 2 passes. One at medium speed to get in the ballpark, and the second at slow speed to really nail that home position. Seems like a pretty straightforward thing to do with the well documented code we have. I'll let you know if I get a chance to try it.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Steve

Glad it is working for you. It is the handiest little extra you can add to a router IMO. So dead easy to do too.

I notice in the script that I posted the probe feed speed is 500mm per min. Mine is actualy set at 100mm per min now.

The thing about the probe Z plate thickness is that you adjust the setting in the DRO until the result is perfect.

Not just measure it and enter that amount. Although that is a good starting point.

My Z plate is 1.51mm but the setting in the DRO is 1.48mm to give me an accurate zero.

That is why I put a DRO on screen rather than hard code the thickness. For fine tuning.

Greg

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the script I now use.

Note the 100mm per min feedrate on the probe move.

Also this stores the current feedrate and returns it when Auto Zero is finished doing it's thing.

Greg

CurrentFeed = GetOemDRO(818)
    'Get the current feedrate to return to later
    PlateThickness = GetUserDRO(1151) 'Z-plate thickness DRO

If GetOemLed (825)=0 Then 'Check to see if the probe is already grounded or faulty
    DoOEMButton (1010) 'zero the Z axis so the probe move will start from here
    Code "G4 P2" ' this delay gives me time to get from computer to hold probe in place
    Code "G31Z-20 F100" 'probing move, can set the feed rate here as well as how far to move
    While IsMoving() 'wait while it happens
    Wend
    ZProbePos = GetVar(2002) 'get the axact point the probe was hit
    Code "G0 Z" &ZProbePos 'go back to that point, always a very small amount of overrun
    While IsMoving ()
    Wend
    Call SetDro (2, PlateThickness) 'set the Z axis DRO to whatever is set as plate thickness
    Code "G4 P0.25" 'Pause for Dro to update.
    Code "G0 Z20" 'put the Z retract height you want here
    Code "(Z axis is now zeroed)" 'puts this message in the status bar
    Code "F" &CurrentFeed 'Returns to prior feed rate

Else
    Code "(Z-Plate is grounded, check connection and try again)" 'this goes in the status bar if aplicable
    Exit Sub
    End If

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Greg,
    Good to hear you slowed your system down to 100 mm/min. I run my feed rate at 50 mm/min.

Steve, Thanks for the offer of writing the double speed routine. I'll try it if you write it, although I'm really pretty happy with the current program. I just manually run the z axis down to get it close.
    dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone have any problems using the tool setter? When I first turn MACH on the tool moves slower than it should do stops at the plate and dosn't retract. But if I close MACH down and restart the tool setter everythings fine. the only change I have made is the speed. Any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you using the latest lockdown release?

Over time there have been several releases in which this macro stopped working because Art has changed something for some other reason.

He has always fixed it in the next release. So there are some older releases that will give trouble.

Greg

Downloads
    Uploads

We have been discussing Auto Tool Zero devices over on the Vetric forum.

The concern has been expressed about chipping the fine point on vee cutters and other fine tools.

So I made a short video to demonstrate how gentle this is on tools. Also gives a brief look at how it works.

It's on YouTube. Here's the link. http://youtube.com/watch?v=DOBxt9MIbFo

Greg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Greg,
    Good video. I can echo the fact that no tips were broken while I've used the program either.
    Dave

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast