Started mine yesterday - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Started mine yesterday

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by thkoutsidthebox View Post
    You found TEMPERED HARDBOARD!!!! I bow down to you. Or should that be to your local supplier!
    Here in southern california they sell it at most Home Depot stores.

Andy
    CNC Kits - http://www.comptonsoft.com/cncweb/

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Lionclaw View Post
    Here in southern california they sell it at most Home Depot stores.
    grrrrr........

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DayneInfo View Post
    Set motors on the table tonight. Followed directions for the Xylotex 3 axis kit and jogged them a bit. Made a box in drawing program and "cut" it with motors. Loaded as much of the Vcarve Bullshead sign as it would take and tried to play with it. Does fine until it tries to run 2 or more axis at the same time. Makes a loud stepping sound and motors almost vibrate off the table. Xylotex says bench testing will not give same results as on a machine, so I will not worry about it until then.

Dwayne
    Cranky one of the first providers of cnc plans for cheap bulids always offered the advice '"Don't spin your motors untiull you have your table built". Thats a para phrase as I might not have it perfect but it is some of the better advice he has to offer. Actually some of the better advice anyone has offered.. Otherwise you may become a "motor spinner" and nothing more.

Good to see it dodn't happen to you your table looks very nice..

Garry

I agree, as per my latest experience where I thought I had damaged a motor and even went as far as ordering a new one (later cancelled), the motors behave very differently when they don't have a load to move (confirmed by Jeff at Xylotex) so I would not worry until you have tried them on the machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12