WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle - Page 62

Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1805

Thread: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle

Default Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Yes, and the formaldehyde fumes from MDF will all exit to the outside of the building !
    I've been running the router 6-8 hours a day !
    The noise level will be much less too, and I like that

www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Nice...... That looks like a nice blower. How smooth does it run? any vibration?

Looking Good,

Walking is highly over-rated

Downloads
    Uploads

That's a brilliant idea Widgit, do you mind putting a link up where you found that model blower? I'd be interested myself in one.

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

I found the blower on eBay, it cost $85.41 w/free shipping !
    So far it's been bolted to the wall, and has no vibrations! The Super Dust Deputy hasn't arrived yet, but all the 4" hoses are connected along with an AC outlet with a switch near the front of the router!

Next ill chop a hole in the garage wall, so I can install a Dryer Vent for the blower's exhaust !
    So all I can cut is soft pine using a shop vac for dust control!
    Widgit

---------------------------------------------
    Model: W-41
    NEW 632 CFM, 450 WATT BLOWER FAN
    For backyard bouncers.
    Superb Performance and High Reliability

Power: 450 Watts
    CFM: 632
    Voltage: 115V/60Hz
    Current: 3.8 A
    UL Listed: YES
    Size: 13"H x 13"W x 9.5"D
    Weight: 9.5lbs
    Cord Length: 78"
    Fan Opening: 4.5"Diameter (13.8"Circumference)
    ---------------------------------------------

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-image-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-image-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-image-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-image-jpg  

WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-image-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-image-jpg  
    Last edited by widgitmaster; 07-31-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    www.widgitmaster.com

As I look at the picture of the blower mounted to the wall, I hope the motor bearings don't burn up with the blower on its side!
    It was mounted that way to conserve the 4" flex tube, as I only have 25 feet of it!
    Widgit

www.widgitmaster.com

The Dust Deputy hasn't arrived yet, but I have a project to do while waiting!
    A friend runs a tree service, so I designed two large carvings to put on his trailor! Starting with a 6-foot 2x12 pressure treated plank, I placed it on the router table and used two boards to keep it parallel to the y-axis. Then I put two wood screws in each end to anchor it to the table, and a few wedges to support the bow & crown in the middle.

Then I milled .040" off the top, followed by a 1/4" 2-flute milling 5/8" deep. Then I used a 1 1/4" diam 90-deg V-bit to carve the rest!
    I had to empty the little shop vac 3x for each sign

I think I'll take a torch and burn off the splinters, then sand the tops clean, should make for a nice sign!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-image-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-image-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-image-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-image-jpg  

www.widgitmaster.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice did a similar thing for my build (smaller scale ) end caps tapped and welded in for a bolt up assembly.

Made a little more progress on the dust collection system, the new Dust Deputy arrived today and it is BIG !
    Now I need to buy or make the two transition pieces required to attach the 4" hose to the 5" input & 6" output of the dust collector!

www.widgitmaster.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have seen systems that run the cyclones in series. Big unit for big chips and smaller units for fine particles.

Quote Originally Posted by paul3112 View Post
    I have seen systems that run the cyclones in series. Big unit for big chips and smaller units for fine particles.
    Reducing the line to 2" tubes would not work!
    The little one will end up on the little router
    Widgit

www.widgitmaster.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ah OK you have a plan. Yes as the cyclones reduce in size they are increased in number to take airflow into account.

Downloads
    Uploads

Widget, let me know how you like the big Dust Deputy. I have had the little one for years and it works amazing. I use it especially for aluminum as those little flakes get everywhere and it does a great job of collecting them while machining. Did you have enough CFM from the bounce house blower?

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    Widget, let me know how you like the big Dust Deputy. I have had the little one for years and it works amazing. I use it especially for aluminum as those little flakes get everywhere and it does a great job of collecting them while machining. Did you have enough CFM from the bounce house blower?

Russ
    Hello Russ!
    So far the Bounce House blower is working nicely, but I try not to cut aluminum on this machine to avoid getting sharp chips in my wire tracks!
    At present, the blower's exhaust is exiting under the garage door, but I have plans to connect it to the big dust collector out in the shed! Working in the HOT attic in August is not something I want to do right now! The combined blowers will really move the dust, and if the drum fills up, the driveway will not get covered in saw dust
    Widgit

www.widgitmaster.com

I just ordered the two couplings for attaching the 4" hose to the 5" & 6" ports on the Cyclone from McMater-Carr
    Now I need to find two short pieces of 4" OD pipe to put inside the flex-tubing, so the hose clamps have something solid to clamp down on!

Each
    In stock
    $19.63 Each
    4511K86
    You ordered 1 each on 08/04/14.
    For Pipe Size 6 × 4
    Length 5 3/4"
    Temperature Range -40° to 120° F
    Maximum Pressure @ 72° F 4.3 psi
    Pipe Use on unthreaded aluminum, cast iron, rigid PVC, rigid CPVC, ductile iron, steel, and stainless steel.
    Additional Specifications Reducing Couplings
    Reducing Couplings
    With 300 Series Stainless Steel Bands
    Use with air and water in drain, waste, and vent applications

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-rubbercoupling-jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com

The couplings arrived today, and were installed in minutes! So I put an oak panel on the router table and started cutting a small 14" x 24" plaque. The dust collection system worked perfectly, much quieter than the shop vac's too!
    When finished, there wasn't any sawdust, just a few solid chunks of hardwood! The noise from the air exhaust was minimal, so my neighbors don't have anything to complain about
    Widgit

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-image-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-image-jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks clean in there

Walking is highly over-rated

Downloads
    Uploads

too clean. needs to cut something and make a mess

Colten Edwards [URL="http://www.cncsigns.ca"]http://www.cncsigns.ca[/URL]

I'm running the Monster 5hr a day, making up to 30-gallons of sawdust a week
    If I could find a source for used planks and other wood, I'd run even longer !
    I'm stocking up for the next Craft Show downtown, so I'll have lots to sell! Then I can get more wood to feed the Monster
    Sell it? Nahhh, I'll sell the little one first
    Widgit

www.widgitmaster.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great to hear that you're getting a lot of use out of the monster. What all are you making on it now?

Downloads
    Uploads

Widgit;
    Good Luck at the craft show. Please let us know how it turns out. I've wondered if having a booth at a craft show is worth the time and retirement is now only a few years away! Also, I'm close to Ashville NC which is a hippy type artsy/craftsy type of place. I guess it's time to start making items for future selling stock.
    Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572 ... LastLast