WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle - Page 76

Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 26667374757677787986 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1805

Thread: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle

Default Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Made a little more progress, but I doubt Bubba will like this one

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1869-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1745-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    Made a little more progress, but I doubt Bubba will like this one
    WRONG!

Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Haa haaa!
    If it has a Marine EGA (Eagle Globe Anchor) on it, my friend doesn't stop till it's perfect!

The Ewo Jima plaque was put on hold, as the list of names was wrong! The USMC has determined that one of the members of the flag raising was not actually present during the original flag raising! The plaque is being updated, and will be made much much larger to hold all the fine details!

When carving is finished, I will post the updated image!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1838-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    Managed to get another plaque finished & painted this week, the storm has really slowed things down around here!
    that's offensive and irresponsible! he has those guns pointed right at the snakes heads!

:P

LOL!

I've got another one in the works, needs a longer handle on the shovels!
    What you think?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1862-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-24x18-mess-family-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-imagejpeg_0-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Widgit;
    When you prepare stock for cutting, do you purchase a length of board of desired thickness and cut and laminate them together? The piece in post 1504 appears to be made of 3 equal lengths of wood glued together! I'm trying to find ways to cut stock costs and improve finishes. Historically I have been cutting using .75 birch plywood from the big box store at about $55 a sheet for 8 ea. 2 X 2 blanks.
    Someday when you have time, would it be possible to show a project from start to finish? I think it would be very educational for us low hour hobby enthusiasts and I know it would be a first class job!
    Many thanks and I always enjoy reading this thread! Also, I hope your still on track with healing process!!!!!
    Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Widgit;
    When you prepare stock for cutting, do you purchase a length of board of desired thickness and cut and laminate them together? The piece in post 1504 appears to be made of 3 equal lengths of wood glued together! I'm trying to find ways to cut stock costs and improve finishes. Historically I have been cutting using .75 birch plywood from the big box store at about $55 a sheet for 8 ea. 2 X 2 blanks.
    Someday when you have time, would it be possible to show a project from start to finish? I think it would be very educational for us low hour hobby enthusiasts and I know it would be a first class job!
    Many thanks and I always enjoy reading this thread! Also, I hope your still on track with healing process!!!!!
    Bill
    Hi Bill!
    No, I just go to Home Depot and get a 24" laminated round disc for $11, it's yellow pine and 1" thick !
    I tried using plywood, but it's so full of voids inside, and it wears out my cutter's too fast!
    Now when I make larger plaques, I do join the edges of 2x10's and clamp them together after I saw out the crown in the center of the boards! This leaves lots of skinny boards, and by alternating the growth rings, I can make a panel that doesn't curl up when drying!
    Because I'm still working out of a wheelchair, its difficult to do the large stuff, so I've been frequenting Home Depot!
    When I'm able, I'll document a plaque from start to finish!
    Widgit

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-24-iwo-jima_01-jpg  

More progress!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1825-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1848-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-fullsizerender-jpg  

Another one finished!
    This plaque combines the oldest medal awarded in US history, the "Badge of Military Merit" with the "Purple Heart" medal!

The Badge of Military Merit is considered the first military award of the United States Armed Forces. Although the Fidelity Medallion is older, after being issued to three soldiers for a specific event in 1780 it was never awarded again, so the Badge of Military Merit is often considered the oldest.

Sorry Bubba, they don't have an "Older than Dirt" medal !

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1899-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1898-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1897-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

That's OK, as I get to enjoy all the superb work ya'll do. Ya'll make me proud to be an American because of what you have done and are still doing.
    Hang in there and keep on keeping on!

Art

Quote Originally Posted by stragenmitsuko View Post
    It sure does . Maybe some day you could take some pictures of the various stages of the painting proces .

Pat
    How's this Pat!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-0924171253-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-0924171439-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-0924171544-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-imagejpeg_0-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

This is lovely .

Does your friend use brushes to apply the paint , or some other techniques like fi felt rollers or airbrush maybe .

I have a router related question if you don't mind ?:
    I'm building / designing a small router with a cutting area of about a letter or A4 sized paper .
    Desktop cnc , a bit like your midi's maybe ?
    Most designs I've come across on the net can easily be scaled up or down to suit my dimensions and the materials I have available . .
    But this doesn't work for the spindle .
    The brushless water cooled ones are bulky , compared to the small router I'm building .
    And the smaller ones , most of the time with brushes , won't last very long I've been told and are noisy .
    So I'm looking for an acceptable compromise .
    If you have any suggestions , I 'de be glad to listen to the voice of experiance .

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by stragenmitsuko View Post
    This is lovely .

Does your friend use brushes to apply the paint , or some other techniques like fi felt rollers or airbrush maybe .

I have a router related question if you don't mind ?:
    I'm building / designing a small router with a cutting area of about a letter or A4 sized paper .
    Desktop cnc , a bit like your midi's maybe ?
    Most designs I've come across on the net can easily be scaled up or down to suit my dimensions and the materials I have available . .
    But this doesn't work for the spindle .
    The brushless water cooled ones are bulky , compared to the small router I'm building .
    And the smaller ones , most of the time with brushes , won't last very long I've been told and are noisy .
    So I'm looking for an acceptable compromise .
    If you have any suggestions , I 'de be glad to listen to the voice of experiance .

Pat
    Hi Pat!
    Yes, he uses fine brushes!

As for the spindles, I've tried several types and yes the noise wast too much!
    My suggestion is to start your design with one of the water cooled spindles, you will not regret the choice of high RPM, low noise, and excellent power!
    You can have the same footprint (work area), just requires a slightly longer linear travel to use it
    Widgit

My friend has done it again, it's 18" diameter!
    WOW!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-1003172047-2-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-attachment-1-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Some of the best yet!

Art

Downloads
    Uploads

No Widgit!
    Yourself and your friend have done it again! But, he must have the patience of a saint with that detail!

Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    No Widgit!
    Yourself and your friend have done it again! But, he must have the patience of a saint with that detail!

Bill

He is a Proud US MARINE, everything he does, is done to the best of his ability!
    He painted that plaque, while his wife was in the hospital
    If he did a sloppy job, I'd be shocked!
    An incredible friend to say the least!

I've been working on this one all morning!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-24-freedom-liberty-jpg  

Another one finished!
    Oh Yeah, the Bulldog is the Marine Corps mascot!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1913-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1936-jpg  
    Last edited by widgitmaster; 10-17-2017 at 10:12 AM. Reason: add txt

OK Bubba!
    My Marine Friend has done it again! What ya think of this one?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_4211485031485115-jpeg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1929-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-imagejpeg_0-1-jpg  

Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 26667374757677787986 ... LastLast