WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle - Page 72

Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 22626970717273747582 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1805

Thread: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Great build

Default Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Quote Originally Posted by ynnek View Post
    Great build
    Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    Thank you!
    Embarking on a build myself. Man I wish I had a machine shop in my garage. I have access to machine tools at work, & I may have to call in a few favors. Ho[efully I end up with half the machine yous appears top be. Question, I have 25mm, SBR25 rails & bearings I received free & plan on using. Are you satisfied with the round rail?

Quote Originally Posted by ynnek View Post
    Embarking on a build myself. Man I wish I had a machine shop in my garage. I have access to machine tools at work, & I may have to call in a few favors. Ho[efully I end up with half the machine yous appears top be. Question, I have 25mm, SBR25 rails & bearings I received free & plan on using. Are you satisfied with the round rail?
    Yes, they work fine as long as you never tighten the little setscrew on the side of the trucks! This tightens the bearings onto the rails, and can actually wear ruts into the hardened rails over time!
    Upon assembly, position the gantry on one end and tighten one screw in the rail's base's on each base. Then slide the gantry a few feet and tighten another set of screws. Repeat process till you get to the other end, as this will ensure the rails are parallel the whole distance!

Went to the Hospital this morning for a follow-up with the Trauma Dr.!

First thing they did was take x-rays of my foot & ankle, then they rolled me into a room!
    When the Dr. walked into the room, I handed him the gratitude plaque!
    He freaked out, went up n down the hall showing it off! I guess he liked it

They removed the pins from between my toes, then removed the remaining stitches!
    He was extremely pleased with the way its healing, and said the visiting nurses have been doing a great job
    They renewed my antibiotics, and the home nursing too!

This is one of the RN's that took care of me in the hospital, before seeing the
    doctor, I stopped by the 4th floor Trauma station. They all loved it too

A good day

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-hrmc-trauma-team-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

You did an awesome job on that plaque , so I can see why they were so appreciative . That was certainly a nice gesture on your part

btw , glad to hear your healing quickly

I don't actually know anything about CNC router tables , but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, they work fine as long as you never tighten the little setscrew on the side of the trucks! This tightens the bearings onto the rails, and can actually wear ruts into the hardened rails over time!

I was wondering about that little setscrew .

I 've got sbr16 rails and trucks , and if i put a truck on the rail there's noticeable play between the rail and the truck .
    I thought I needed to tighten the setscrew to eliminate the play .
    The router I'm building has a y axis setup similar ( inspired by ) to yours , only on a much smaller scale .
    Y axis length is only 450mm (17.8")
    Maybe with the four trucks on two rails , there will be no need to elimiate play , I don't know .

Hope everything works out wel for you . I've always enjoyed your build logs .
    Once the injuries are healed , will you try to ressurect the bike ?

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by stragenmitsuko View Post
    I was wondering about that little setscrew .

I 've got sbr16 rails and trucks , and if i put a truck on the rail there's noticeable play between the rail and the truck .
    I thought I needed to tighten the setscrew to eliminate the play .
    The router I'm building has a y axis setup similar ( inspired by ) to yours , only on a much smaller scale .
    Y axis length is only 450mm (17.8")
    Maybe with the four trucks on two rails , there will be no need to elimiate play , I don't know .

Hope everything works out wel for you . I've always enjoyed your build logs .
    Once the injuries are healed , will you try to ressurect the bike ?

Pat
    Hi Pat!
    You can adjust the setscrews once but not tightly! Use LockTite on the threads and it will stay forever! None of the Chinese rails are perfectly round, so your adjustments can cause problems if you but two rails end to end like I did! Fortunately, I was able to match up two pair of ends for a smooth roll of the trucks!

As for the Trike, no! It was totaled because the frame was bent & the transmission was badly cracked!
    My insurance would have replaced it with a new one, but then I'd be making payments on a bike I can't ride until I can walk again!
    When I'm able, I'll go to Harley and rent a New model Trike for a weekend! If I feel comfortable on it, then I'll think of buying one!
    Thanks,
    Widgit

Being trapped in my house in a wheelchair has forced me to find new things to do, so I found a cool image online and played around until I had the G-code to carve it! Then I decided to make another 2nd Amendment plaque, as there are so many people asking about it!
    Many of my veteran friends had stopped by earlier last week, one of them wanted a custom ARMY 4th Division plaque!

Today I have finished cutting all three!
    Now I need to sand, and sand, and sand..........

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1539-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1543-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1546-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-loudpipes-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

How do you guys make models from images? That is a big mystery for me. I've found a program named Crazybump. It generates a gray scale image from the source but it was not good enough to make a model to.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Suat
    Proud father, C# developer, Model heli pilot, newbie free time machinist for hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Azalin View Post
    How do you guys make models from images? That is a big mystery for me. I've found a program named Crazybump. It generates a gray scale image from the source but it was not good enough to make a model to.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My software is VCarvePro by Vectric
    It allows me to take a drawing or Clip Art and create a g-Code cut file!
    Now, some images can be traced by the software, while most require many hours of manually tracing (creating lines & curves) which allow for custom tool-paths at different depth with different cutters!
    The Loud Pipes Saves Lives image took five evenings to get it to look right! It's made of laminated Yellow Pine, 1" thick. Used a 3/4" 2-flute to cut the top .025" deep just to make everything flat. Then a 1/8" x 1/2" long 2-flute end mill to make the flat floor .525" deep. Then I used a 1 1/4" diameter 2-flute 90-deg cutter to finish all the details!
    VCarvePro has many features I never use, like texturing & inlaying of darker woods into fitted pockets!

Downloads
    Uploads

Now, some images can be traced by the software, while most require many hours of manually tracing (creating lines & curves) which allow for custom tool-paths at different depth with different cutters!
    The Loud Pipes Saves Lives image took five evenings to get it to look right! It's made of laminated Yellow Pine, 1" thick. Used a 3/4" 2-flute to cut the top .025" deep just to make everything flat. Then a 1/8" x 1/2" long 2-flute end mill to make the flat floor .525" deep. Then I used a 1 1/4" diameter 2-flute 90-deg cutter to finish all the details!
    VCarvePro has many features I never use, like texturing & inlaying of darker woods into fitted pockets!
    Just wanted to say you do some amazing work! It is inspiring and I can't stop admiring the pieces or your machine. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks.

Suat
    Proud father, C# developer, Model heli pilot, newbie free time machinist for hobby

Quote Originally Posted by gregoose View Post
    Just wanted to say you do some amazing work! It is inspiring and I can't stop admiring the pieces or your machine. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Thank you Sir!
    Widgit

The 2nd Amendment plaque is finished! After sanding, I carefully stained everything but the top of the skull! Then I sanded the splashed stain off, so the edges were nice and sharp! Then I coated everything with sanding sealer, then when dry I painted the whole thing with Spar Varnish!
    Widgit

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-2nd-amendment-24-dark-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-img_1543-jpg  

Another one Finished!
    The 4th Infantry Division plaque, has returned from the painter!

How you like this one Bubba?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-18-army-4th-division-jpg   WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-18-army-4th-division-painted-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

That really POPS!
    Your work is beyond reproach, fantastic.

Hang in there cause God isn't done with you yet by a long shot.

Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Downloads
    Uploads

Being trapped in my house in a wheelchair has forced me to find new things to do, ..
    Eric here's maybe an idea if you 're looking to design something .

I have - job related - a fair amount of rotating nut steppers .
    It's a kind of computerized valve , wich jams after a while , and then the whole assembly goes in the trash
    and is replaced with a new one . The stepper , nema23 sized , is always in perfect condition .

They have an internal rotating anti backlash nut in ph bronze . Threaded 1/4-16 acme .
    1/4 isn't much , but beacuse of the rotating nut , the rod is alway's under tension and never under compression .
    The rods would be clamped on both ends , and the stepper rides with the X or Y or Z axis carriage .
    Eliminates end play , preloading tapered and or angular contact bearings , etc .
    0.5Nm ( 75 Oz-in ) Not terribly much , but should be adequate for a desktop router , engraver .

You could call it baby or micro red

I 've salvaged them steppers whenever I could , hoping someday to build a small desktop router with them ,
    and now I have a drawer full of them .

So if you feel this might be an interesting project , I'm happy to send you 4 pcs .
    Don't need anything in return , just share the design with us .

Pat

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle-rotnut-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    That really POPS!
    Your work is beyond reproach, fantastic.

Hang in there cause God isn't done with you yet by a long shot.
    Thanks Bubba!
    I'm glad you liked it

Widgit

Quote Originally Posted by stragenmitsuko View Post
    Eric here's maybe an idea if you 're looking to design something .

I have - job related - a fair amount of rotating nut steppers .
    It's a kind of computerized valve , wich jams after a while , and then the whole assembly goes in the trash
    and is replaced with a new one . The stepper , nema23 sized , is always in perfect condition .

They have an internal rotating anti backlash nut in ph bronze . Threaded 1/4-16 acme .
    1/4 isn't much , but beacuse of the rotating nut , the rod is alway's under tension and never under compression .
    The rods would be clamped on both ends , and the stepper rides with the X or Y or Z axis carriage .
    Eliminates end play , preloading tapered and or angular contact bearings , etc .
    0.5Nm ( 75 Oz-in ) Not terribly much , but should be adequate for a desktop router , engraver .

You could call it baby or micro red

I 've salvaged them steppers whenever I could , hoping someday to build a small desktop router with them ,
    and now I have a drawer full of them .

So if you feel this might be an interesting project , I'm happy to send you 4 pcs .
    Don't need anything in return , just share the design with us .

Pat

Thank you, your offer is intriguing to say the least!
    However, 75 oz/in is plenty to operate one of my Midi-Routers!
    The build for them is somewhere here on the Zone, and has a t-slot plate that's 12" x 12"!
    I will try to locate it!
    Widgit

Found it!
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc-wo...n-started.html

Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 22626970717273747582 ... LastLast