Canadian End Mill / Tool Suppliers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canadian End Mill / Tool Suppliers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Canadian End Mill / Tool Suppliers

Well, I just got an email back this morning from mc master, seems due to the ease of cross border shipping they won't ship to canada anymore ....... Grrrr

So anyone know a good online source in canada for end mills and tooling ???

Similar Threads:

Monkeywrench Technician DareBee's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow!

I love McMaster Carr; but their endmills are way overpriced - and yes I usually buy Ultra-Tool.
    My Ultra supplier is Quality Tooling

KBC tools is respectable if you be carefull what you buy.
    I use KBC a lot.

www.integratedmechanical.ca

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by elogicca View Post
    Well, I just got an email back this morning from mc master, seems due to the ease of cross border shipping they won't ship to canada anymore ....... Grrrr

So anyone know a good online source in canada for end mills and tooling ???
    Well I can tell you thats a bunch of BS, I just got about 10 things brought through the door from them, not more than 10 minutes ago. Something doesn't ring true there..

Jerry

JerryFlyGuy
    The more I know... the more I realize I don't
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, due to the ever increasing complexity of United States export regulations, McMaster-Carr can only process orders from a few long-established customers in Canada. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this causes you.

Downloads
    Uploads

What a bunch of knob's eh? Who cares if the customer has delay's importing the stuff, it's funny how I've never had any issues bringing stuff in from them. I literally had a order sent yestarday, received it this afternoon.. it works great.. when they let 'it' work I guess..

We need a Canadian distributorship for McMaster.. if they did this I'd bet their sales in Canada would more than triple..

Anyone know of a McMaster 'like' company in Canada, I'd heard there was one getting setup but haven't heard anything in the last few months about it..

Jerry

Last edited by JerryFlyGuy; 12-01-2006 at 08:58 AM. Reason: spelling...
    JerryFlyGuy
    The more I know... the more I realize I don't
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JerryFlyGuy View Post
    Well I can tell you thats a bunch of BS, Jerry
    wasn't there a thread that they would only ship to commercial accounts now, that they'd cut off individuals? maybe that explains the discrepancy

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys

Yes, I found this out about six months ago. I went to order on the web and I couldn't finish my order? So I called them and they gave me the same story.

I have been ordering from them for along time so I certianly don't know what "a few long-established customers in Canada" is? It's to bad as I like them and they had a good selection. They will likely come back looking for business when they are hurting some day.

Lets hope someone starts up a really good Tool Supplier here in Canada.

Willy

Monkeywrench Technician DareBee's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am still receiving my orders from them (and enjoy the best service from anyone I have ever dealt with (how does a company with 3000 employess across an intenational border do this???))

A large PT supplier I deal with said McM wont ship to them anymore either.
    I dunno what's going on.
    My life will be much more difficult without McM.
    I deal with a lot of breakdown and "emergency" repairs.

www.integratedmechanical.ca

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe if they had enough sales they could do a setup like Digikey. First time I ordered from them Purolater was at my door the next day. I ordered by 800 from the USA. They are also very friendly to me and I don't order much.
    If there was a supplier here which I need for starting out it would be nice. If somebody finds one please post.
    John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried KBC Tools? Good service and a good range of product.
    www.kbctools.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool What exactly are you looking for?

Although I have no problem with McMasterCarr on all three of my accounts(one is private)I never bought cutting tools from them. There are a lot of tooling suppliers in Canada. One that is pretty god is Sowa from Kitchener/Ontario. For cutting tools I prefer our local guys selling Ingersoll, SGS and OSG anytime anyway. Drop me a line and let me know what exactly your needs are and I will give you a contact, if possible.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Being in the west (Alberta) and living in a small town makes it a little hard to shop around. Heck we got a Busy Bee in Calgary and I think it took me 2 years to know it was there. Igor I sent a message to KBC for info and want to thank you for the site.
    My hobby's are mainly into RC aircraft but I do have a 10 x 54 lathe(Atlas) and a Mill/drill and I putter with electronics. This is why I am on here as to learn what I can for cnc. My next project will be a foam cutter which I am gathering parts for.
    John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had similar frustrations with McMaster.

Fortunately I found out about Busy Bee Tools which happens to be less than 2 blocks from my work.

They cater more towards wood working, but also have quite a bit of metal working tools. They have constant rotating specials, so often you can just wait for what you're interested in to come down in price.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Guys looking for supplier ..Or better still Price and Availability of QTY 5 3/8" high helix 3Flute Course Roughing cutter. Need them for cutting WEATHER-TEX, it's a very abrasive composite material like Masonite (sometimes refered to a brown Board)
    as we are in SYDNEY AUSTRALIA will need postage cost as well

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default suppliers

We can help you guys with alot of this stuff. I own a small consulting/cutting tool company and we ship all over the world. We're typically 30-50% less than the catalog houses like MSC, etc.
    http://www.spindlemax.com/index.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    We can help you guys ............ We're typically 30-50% less than the catalog houses like MSC, etc.
    http://www.spindlemax.com/index.html
    Thanks for the link, but I can't find anything more than what you wrote inn your post ....where are the pictures of cutters,, the sizes... and prices etc.. (maybe the D/load link for a catalogue)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The website is basically a "who we are, what we do" page.
    We are working on an ecommerce website that's about 75% complete now.
    Most of our business comes from customers who are tired of getting no speed/feed/application support from the catalog companies. Those places are great if you know exactly what you need and have a part number in hand but what we're finding is a lot of guys don't realize that there is new tooling coming on the market that can significantly decrease the cycle time.
    I scour the market to find those tools for my customers and offer them at great prices. Sort of like having your own cutting tool engineer on retainer.
    It's just a more personal shopping experience.
    If you want to speak with someone about speeds and feeds, coatings, chipbreakers, substrates, geometry, fixtures, collets or toolholders, then we can speak your language.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Slater Tools Inc.

Slater Tools is happy to ship rotary broach tools, screw machine tools and more to Canada.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    The website is basically a "who we are, what we do" page..........
    I scour the market to find those ...............
    If you want to speak with someone about speeds and feeds, coatings, chipbreakers, substrates, geometry, fixtures, collets or toolholders, then we can speak your language.
    OK I have a machine that is running 1000"/oz steppers with a 2Hp spindle (max speed= 24,000Rpm) and looking for 3flute upcut Bla bla...as previously mentioned 3 post ago... what price to SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JerryFlyGuy View Post
    What a bunch of knob's eh? Who cares if the customer has delay's importing the stuff, it's funny how I've never had any issues bringing stuff in from them. I literally had a order sent yestarday, received it this afternoon.. it works great.. when they let 'it' work I guess..

We need a Canadian distributorship for McMaster.. if they did this I'd bet their sales in Canada would more than triple..

Anyone know of a McMaster 'like' company in Canada, I'd heard there was one getting setup but haven't heard anything in the last few months about it..

Jerry
    As far as Canadian companies that are "like" McMaster Carr, have you looked into Tenaquip? As far as tooling/ machine tool accessories, I didn't see anyone mention Sowa Tool , or K.A.R. Industrial.

http://www.tenaquip.ca/home.html

http://www.sowatool.com/catalogue/index.html

http://www.kar.ca/html/en/home.html

I hope this helps.

K&Y Diamond Ltd. - Ph:(514) 333-5606, Fax:(514) 339-5493
    http://www.kydiamond.ca

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast