Need Help! Identifying collet

Thread: Identifying collet

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Identifying collet

Sorry guys, but I cant find my answer in the search so I am hoping someone knows.

I have an older Vytek Rebel with a Perske VS 60.11 Spindle 5.5KW 240 Volt.

I only have one collet that came with it, which was fine for awhile, but I need additional collets now. Issue I am having is trouble identifying the collet type.

The lettering on the side says OC 8H and that is it. On the bottom it says 1/4", obviously it is a 1/4" collet.

It is ~35mm long and ~20mm wide at widest point.

Looks kind of like a EOC or SYOZ 20. The measurements are closer to the SYOZ 20. There is no E next to the OC on the side.

Any ideas?

Also, what is the best source, inexpensive but good (I don't need great), for these collets.

Thanks all,

Jimmy

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Identifying collet

Hi.....a Perske collet you say........that name rings a bell......I have two collet chucks.......ISO 40 and ISO 30, came with a mill I bought on EBAY and there is one collet that suits both....10mm.

Some years ago I made inquiries at American Machine Tools about Perske collets, but didn't go further as they were not available in OZ and the shipping from the US was huge.

So, they are available, just have to see who stocks them in the size you already have.

I would measure the diam at the biggest part on the OD and the overall length.......this would give a good idea to a dealer as to what type it is.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have a drawing for this collet?