Need Help! Tsugami NP32 Programming

Thread: Tsugami NP32 Programming

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tsugami NP32 Programming

OK, so we have this Tsugami NP32 that's been sitting in the back of the shop for the year and a half I've been here and then some. I fired it up the other day and everything seems to work fine, so I decided to try and figure it out.

It has a FANUC control, looks like an O type.

I'm new to these swiss types, but have been programming turning centers for a few years. Nobody where I work knows anything about the beast and all I have found are some old faded tore up manuals and oil soaked notes.

What I am struggling with are these lines:

G300 U-5.183 W6.4
    G50X1.147 Z-0.03

I think that U-6.3 equals the distance from X1 axis machine origin to the centerline, but I'm not sure what you need to do to calculate what this value will be from part program to part program. Same with the G50 line.

You see, I'm used to "regular" turning centers. When I switch part programs I set the G54 to program zero and typically face off the part and then touch off my tools to this face (program 0). I'm guessing that these lines perform a similar function?

I'm missing something on these swiss machines, perhaps I need to change my thinking.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure how I would touch tools off, but I really haven't got that far yet.

If anybody out there is familiar with this machine or one similar and can offer any advice, both in the programming and or setup, I would be forever in your debt.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I used to run that machine many moons ago. I run swiss now just not that model.
    Swiss are a"different" breed. You will need to change the way you think. These machines work GREAT but you need to accept the way the machine thinks and work with it that way or it will drive you crazy.
    The machine works like a "cam" machine. All the tools and axis' are put at a "Starting Position" at the start of the program and return there at the end of the program. This is done using the machine coordinates and work shifts
    (G50).
    The "G300" line you mention is how this machine goes to "start Position". This is the part length and tool "geometry" added together. The is done with the collet open so the stock does not move during the motion. The barfeeder holds it in place.
    The "G50" line sets the work coordinate system for the part before any movement of a tool or axis.
    The setting of tools for that machine was done with a "pesetter". The whole thing works from a theoretical zero position.
    The "Z" axis is the opposite of a cnc lathe. This is because the stock is moving across the tool not the tool across the stock.
    This is just a very brief description, you should seek better help from Rem Sales to be more successful.
    Good luck! Welcome to the "DARKSIDE"

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need all manuals of tsugami np 32. Is there anyone who is having it?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have all of the manuals that I think you are looking for, I am not too good with this site so if you e-mail me at info@tsugamidoctor.com I will attach them and return them to you. Good luck with this machine it was a true work horse for its time,and if you need any advice on service or repair I might be able to help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Tsugami View Post
    I have all of the manuals that I think you are looking for, I am not too good with this site so if you e-mail me at info@tsugamidoctor.com I will attach them and return them to you. Good luck with this machine it was a true work horse for its time,and if you need any advice on service or repair I might be able to help.
    Hello, I have a Tsugami CNC lathe NP-32 and need their manual . I have sent email to you. Could you please help me these manual. Thanks so much

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tsugami NP32 Programming

sir I have the same machine. we just got it running. can you please help me with the M codes

thankyou

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Tsugami View Post
    Dear Mr.doctor
    Would you please send me a copy. Thank you so much