Citizen CAV barfeeders

Thread: Citizen CAV barfeeders

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Easy to work with

The Citizen Cav is very easy to work with. They have integrated it very well with the control. It does NOT have it's own control it works from the machines control. The pusher is actually another axis for the machine and you can read it's position as you can with the X,Y,Z,C axis'. Simple change overs, better support closer to the end of the bar. The oil that you use in it can be the same oil you are using as cutting oil, that way you will never get any cross contamination. They reccomend oil but there are a few case in which people are cutting with coolant and using coolant in the Cav also.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default I have 5 of them

I've Got 5 Cav's 2 cav20's and 3 cav16's....They're great....No Hydraulics or seperate control...everything is controlled right from the machine.....The only complaint I would have...is that when the pusher is in that small area between the bar feed and the back of the Headstock...there is a time when all the roller's (stabilizer's) are open...(a few inches of Z travel)...so if your running high Rpm's and your barstock isn't the straightest you could get some annoying bar vibrations (whip)....but I've never had any problems in parts or any other problems as a result...Just annoying...also keep in mind what size bar stocks you'll be running....for example the Cav-16 has a range of 6-16mm...If you would be running materials smaller than 6mm you'll need and small bar adapter...(different channel & pusher)....which is kind of a time consuming to change...but citizen dose offer different channels and pushers to accommodate different ranges...which can probably eliminate the need to change them out ....Besides that...they are a great barfeeder...very easy to use...No fluid contamination issues...quick and easy to change stock sizes, as long as your in the range of the channel...Just change the collet and adjust the stabilizer wheels with a simple thumb screw...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey thanks for the reply's. We have a few of them but we have issues with ours mainly when changing to smaller stock sizes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default What's Smaller

What's Smaller....and in what Cav...and what are the problems....I used to hate changing form 1/4" to 1/8" stock..in our 16's .You have to change the Pushers and Put and put the Small Bar Channels in...I talked to citizen about it..and they had 10mm channels ....So anything under 10mm you wouldn't have to change anything...what a time saver....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ahh that would prob help us. thanks for the info

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Citizen CAV barfeeders

Good Morning
    I have cav 20- l2 on L20 i need to slow down the speed of the pusher retract. If
    know what is the parameter the control that?

Thanks