Now I have a question!

Thread: Now I have a question!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Now I have a question!

Hello everyone...and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I've been having lots of fun with my old Tsugami cnc swiss.

I tried programming the, "Y" axis today, live tool turret. No matter what I do, I can not get the "Y" to travel at a programmed feedrate. I called up T2323 which is a #4 center drill. I gave it a spindle speed, and an M21 to turn on the live tool...works great! I gave it a rapid move to within .050 of the part...Perfect!

I then added: G01 Y-.2 F3500. Using single block, the machine halts at this line...no alarms, it just will not execute this line. I did check to verify that the machine was not actually moving.

The "X" and "Z" work fine using this programming format. Apparently the parammeters have been set to ignore a decimal place. F3500 is F3.5 inches per minute. G01 and a feedrate is correct for "X" and "Z", but not "Y". If I use G00 Y-.2 instead of G01 and a feedrate the tool will move into the part, at the rapid rate of course. I don't think the G01 is the problem as I inserted a G01 before the feed line and the control let me single block past it.

There is either a code that must precede the G01 line command, or the feed code is different for "Y" . It is a center drill going .100 deep in 360 free machining brass so it really didn't matter that it did a rapid move. I have other tools in the turret that must be controlled by a feedrate. Is there some other code string that is used for the "Y" axis to make it feed correctly?...or is something goofed up?