This machine is awesome

Thread: This machine is awesome

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default This machine is awesome

I would have never figured that this old machine would recognize "R" in the program for radii. Usually on older turning/milling machines you have to give it an I,J,K value. After figuring out how the X,Y,Z off-sets are set, I've been having a blast with this machine.

I haven't connected a computer to it, and probably never will. It dosen't have a programmable "C" axis, the rest of the programming is just basic.

I need to know how to stop the spindle, and call up the live tooling turret. G&M codes, ANYONE Do you just program in an M05, T2323 M06 to call up the live tool station and the off-sets for that tool. What else is needed to activate the live tool, and specify a rotation direction M03/M02, and an RPM i.e. S1000? Somebody on this forum must know. Also the spindle has a encoder on it, separate from the main spindle motor; with it's own gilmer drive belt. I would assume that there is a way to program the degree amount of spindle rotation, and lock. i.e., make a hex?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: This machine is awesome

If this machine has live tools, it will either have a full C-axis or "indexing". If it has indexing, depending on the machine, it could either be in 1 degree or 15 degree increments, as those are semi-normal increments. To stop the main spindle, yes, M05 should do it. Again, depending on the machine, the command for the live tools would be something like: S2000 M103 P2, or just S2000 M103. You will have to lookup the M code in the manual, as to what that will be. C-axis on is usually M50 and of is M51. I have no idea what the indexing codes are.

Not much help, I know. Good luck!

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mike!

I'll try that in the morning. I'm fairly certain that it doesn't have a programmable "C" axis; as far as simultaneous spindle "C", "Y" axis moves. The "C" axis buttons are just block-offs on the control. I'm sure it will index though. Unfortunately I did not get the manuals with this machine. The original owner has gone out of business.

Best regards,
    Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

You could call REM Sales Tsugami to get a manual. If you're lucky, they could send you a pdf file of the manual. Worst case scenario, it would probably be a few hundred dollars and you would have a hard copy of their manual. The manual for the Fanuc control, on the other hand, if it is anything like our late model B0326, could be 7 manuals. The cost of which, who knows.

Good luck and have fun!
    Mike