Citizen Cincom B12 Flashing EMG

Thread: Citizen Cincom B12 Flashing EMG

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Citizen Cincom B12 Flashing EMG

Can somebody please point me in the right direction..... I have a 1999 B12 with a Fanuc 16i control, and after getting other issues taken care of I'm still left with one that has me stumped. The control flashes EMG and on the parameter page is seems to be stuck at "Waiting for reset, esp,..." or something. I've check the esp control wire and it has 24v, the e-stop button is fine, all 3 door interlocks check good. I'm not sure off the entire history before the machine went down and I don't think I'm getting the complete story from the people who were operating the machine when it went down. Some say it was a lightning strike, some say it was a bad crash (but I don't see physical evidence), we did have to change the amplifier unit for the back spindle. I know the emergency relay built into the servo drive amp is bad and I have it bypassed for now. I was told that about a week before it quit completely the Z axis reversed and they had to change the param to a negative. Given this info what besides use it as a door stop would your guys suggest I do?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Citizen Cincom B12 Flashing EMG

Quote Originally Posted by 2015imsjfw View Post
    Can somebody please point me in the right direction..... I have a 1999 B12 with a Fanuc 16i control, and after getting other issues taken care of I'm still left with one that has me stumped. The control flashes EMG and on the parameter page is seems to be stuck at "Waiting for reset, esp,..." or something. I've check the esp control wire and it has 24v, the e-stop button is fine, all 3 door interlocks check good. I'm not sure off the entire history before the machine went down and I don't think I'm getting the complete story from the people who were operating the machine when it went down. Some say it was a lightning strike, some say it was a bad crash (but I don't see physical evidence), we did have to change the amplifier unit for the back spindle. I know the emergency relay built into the servo drive amp is bad and I have it bypassed for now. I was told that about a week before it quit completely the Z axis reversed and they had to change the param to a negative. Given this info what besides use it as a door stop would your guys suggest I do?

Thanks
    We are thinking about buying the same screw machine with the same Fanuc controller. What do I need to run this thing? What CAM software do you use, if any?

Thanks