Need Help! 1991 Tsugami NT20 programming manual

Thread: 1991 Tsugami NT20 programming manual

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1991 Tsugami NT20 programming manual

Hello,

I recently bought an older Tsugami CNC swiss with live tooling. It's a 1991 NT20 with a Fanuc 0T control...B series. I was wondering if anyone else out there may have one of these older Tsugami's that has a manual in digital format: Or perhaps a list of the G&M codes with a description. I have figured out some of it from running programmes that were already in the control, but I don't know the G or M code that turns on the live tools. It does not have a programmable "C" axis, but I'm assuming that there must be a G or M code to index and lock the spindle. I'm sure there are many other G&M code functions that I will be clueless to moving forward without a manual or code list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1991 Tsugami NT20 programming manual

Hello,
    I found NT20 manuals with the OT-A and OT-C control, but not the -B.

Im working late tonight and will ask our service manager who knows all the legacy machine info well. He may know where to look better than me.

At worst I can get you a few pages from the -A or -C manual, and if the manual is able to be taken apart, I can scan the whole thing for you.

Stay tuned. Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

TsugamiInfo,

Thank you for your help!

I've been programming CNC's since the late 80's, but this is a whole different learning curve. I've been reading up a bit, and the tool offsets are giving me a fit. Without a list of the G&M codes, and a procedure for setting the tools; I'm dead in the water.

Again, thanks for looking into this. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got the tool off-sets figured out, and made a part yesterday. Does anybody have the g-code string that turns on the live tools. I can index the turret and touch the tools off, but I don't know the code to turn on the motor and set the RPM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi 91 Tsugami,
    I think you got a hold of our service department as I saw an NT20 manual on our managers desk. Did you get the G and M code list?

Thanks

Im not familiar with the NT series, but typically tsugami uses M23/M24 for live tools

If that doesnt work, the typical M codes for spindles are M3/M23/M103/M203. Try one of those to start

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tsugamiinfo, good morning

I did contact the service department at Tsugami north america in Connecticut. Kevin sent me a .pdf of the operation manual for the NP/NT 11&17. These machines are configured entirely different than the 20mm machine that I have. From what I read the only difference between the NT & the NP, is the NP came with a sub-spindle. Also from reading, the 11&17 uses gang tooling instead of turrets. There is no mention of live tooling in the manual, so I'm assuming that these smaller machines were not available with live tooling.

If you have the NT20 manual there; it would be most appreciated if you could photocopy and email me the G&M codes, and any canned cycles that this machine recognizes. I figured out how to set the X&Y offsets, but I'm still not to sure about "Z". It appears from looking at the program code, and the table of offsets that the previous programmer may have coded in a clearance value. I'll just have to write a simple progam in order to see what's going on with "Z".

Again, any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I would buy a set of manuals if I could find them. The parts department at Tsugami told me that the machine is no longer supported. I thought that was kind of odd: the machine isn't THAT old lol.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

As I had figured, the previous programmer had added in some extra clearance to the "Z" axis offsets. I can't even understand why! I set zero to zero and then ran the program...worked fine for me! I usually set the rapids to .010 from the stock and the then feed in with the tool. I normally never use "single block" on a mill, but I have been using it on this machine, in-case I screw up...LOL

Last edited by 91Tsugami; 10-20-2017 at 03:21 AM.