G16?

Thread: G16?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default G16?

Working on a problem child "legacy" part. Issue: Need to add deburring alongside milled edges.
    It is two 1/2" wide flats milled into the part od 180 degrees apart from each other (like flats for a crescent wrench). I would USUALLY just knock it off with a brush, but the edges milled into the INSIDE or the OD of the part need to be deburred but can't "look" deburred (yes, I know very well how ridiculous this is).
    The biggest issue I have is I'm out of tool stations. The only milling tool I can use on the gang that is somewhat appropriate is a .270" dia 140deg carbide drill using the tip. Does anybpdy have an idea on how to accomplish this? I think I've narrowed it down to using the G12 followed by the G16 command. I've read up on it here and in the manual but I can't wrap my head around how to do this because they're only giving reference to either deburring a drilled cross hole or "scroll milling", both of which aren't just getting into a corner and going around the part partially.
    Machine is a Citizen A32 VII with the awesome Mitsubishi control.
    I'm using Alkart. I'd contact Citizen in New Jersey again, because they've been AWESOME but I'd like to see some suggestions here.

Edit: I've updated to include a drawing of what I'm looking to do.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G16?-slots-pdf  
    Last edited by z369; 05-16-2017 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Add information

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G16?

i would just figure the angle from centerline to one side of the flat drop the tool in place to start the chamfer then rotate the c axis to the other side this might be the easiest to do