Bar feeder oil choices to help with vibration inside the feeder channels

Thread: Bar feeder oil choices to help with vibration inside the feeder channels

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bar feeder oil choices to help with vibration inside the feeder channels

We have two feeders (both on Citizen M20's) - IEMCA Genius 120 with 24mm channels running 1/4" bar stock. And an Edge C-320 with 20mm channels running 3/8" and 1/2" stock. The IEMCA specifies 32wt oil, while the Edge specifies much more viscous 100wt.

We get vibration inside the IEMCA feeder over about 3,000rpm which is super annoying. Alignment is good. I'd like to switch oil to 100wt to see if we can boost that rpm without vibration. The only thing the IEMCA phone tech questioned is whether this could hurt the hydraulic pump.

Does anyone have experience with playing with the oil in their feeder? New channels I'm sure would help this but the unit uses cast iron channels and they're about $8,000 to replace, so we've been told. And that's just not in the budget right now.

Any and all thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bar feeder oil choices to help with vibration inside the feeder channels

check if there is just too much oil to where the bar is being lifted off center? Basically play with the oil flow rate. ISO32 seems really thin for oil in the channels, is there a separate hydraulic tank or something? Can you send me the model number of the channel oil pump on the Iemca?

Is there excessive foaming in the oil or air entrapment?

Make sure your rotating tips on the pusher are not sloppy, this will let the end of the bar whip alot. I know guys that run iso150 in their loaders that specify iso100, as far as I know they havnt gone through any oil pumps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bar feeder oil choices to help with vibration inside the feeder channels

24mm is a big channel for 1/4" bar, I use 11mm channel for that ( Hydrobar Express 332 ). The channels on the Hydrobar are some kind of urethane, and I have seen cold castable 2 part urethane for sale, so perhaps you could make some urethane inserts to sleeve down your 24mm channels.