Problem G92 thread cycle

Thread: G92 thread cycle

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G92 thread cycle

Hello, I am new at this site and I need some help. I am working in a part with a O.D.thread 4-40, I am using G92 to create the thread but for some reason the control is not picking up the G code. When it gets the time for the tool to perform the thread, looks like the tool just plunge in and out and go to the next tool. This is how my program looks like.

M3S1=1200
    G0 X.5 Z.625 T3
    X.3
    G92 X.103 Z.825 F.025
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    G0 X.5 T0
    M1
    If anyone see something wrong or have any thoughts or advice, please let me know. I am more than welcome to hear from you. Thanks
    X have some values!!!!
    Machine is a k16 citizen

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G92 thread cycle

Your code looks fine. Did the machine ever execute G92 successfully, or is this a recent problem?

So the machine basically creates a groove, as in the tool goes down and up in X, but no feed in Z? I know on Fanuc controls, canned cycles like G80's, some G70's and some G90's are enabled or controlled by parameter settings, so if they are read but not executed (meaning you dont get an alarm like "Invalid G code") it may be a parameter setting.

I'm pretty sure the K's have A Mits control... I'm not sure if the same logic would apply to them. I would ask your dealer for parameter settings related to threading cycles and double check them. That is some low hanging fruit to check off the list.

CNC Product Manager / Training Consultant

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MCImes View Post
    Your code looks fine. Did the machine ever execute G92 successfully, or is this a recent problem?

So the machine basically creates a groove, as in the tool goes down and up in X, but no feed in Z? I know on Fanuc controls, canned cycles like G80's, some G70's and some G90's are enabled or controlled by parameter settings, so if they are read but not executed (meaning you dont get an alarm like "Invalid G code") it may be a parameter setting.

I'm pretty sure the K's have A Mits control... I'm not sure if the same logic would apply to them. I would ask your dealer for parameter settings related to threading cycles and double check them. That is some low hanging fruit to check off the list.
    Thanks for the replay. Yes I used G92 before. Today, this morning with clean, fresh mind I found the error. The problem was that I was milling before threading so I was using G19 to change plane settings, and I was not going back to G18 after milling process. Thanks for your replay and see you around👍