Squaring X-Y Axis - Home Sensor adjustment question

Thread: Squaring X-Y Axis - Home Sensor adjustment question

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Squaring X-Y Axis - Home Sensor adjustment question

Ok. So I dismantled my X and Y v-con rail system to add a bunch more v-con clamps. After I put everything back together, I began the squaring and tramming process as outlined in the CNC Router Parts video.
    After drilling the 4 holes one of my measurements is off about 1/16". The video says to adjust the home sensors to square up X and Y, but it does not mention which sensor or which direction to adjust the sensor.

Can someone please clear up which sensor needs adjustment based on the measurements I have based on the inserted image?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Squaring X-Y Axis - Home Sensor adjustment question-squaringx_y-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Squaring X-Y Axis - Home Sensor adjustment question

Quote Originally Posted by ifeliciano View Post
    Ok. So I dismantled my X and Y v-con rail system to add a bunch more v-con clamps. After I put everything back together, I began the squaring and tramming process as outlined in the CNC Router Parts video.
    After drilling the 4 holes one of my measurements is off about 1/16". The video says to adjust the home sensors to square up X and Y, but it does not mention which sensor or which direction to adjust the sensor.

Can someone please clear up which sensor needs adjustment based on the measurements I have based on the inserted image?

See attached image with exaggerated diagrams to show out of squareness and arrow indicating which way to move the proximity sensor on the one side.

Remember this is similar to squaring a cabinet when you're building it. You use a clamp to "squeeze the long diagonal until they are equal (thank you Norm Abrams!).

Squaring X-Y Axis - Home Sensor adjustment question-img_4316-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Squaring X-Y Axis - Home Sensor adjustment question

Cool, thanks for that. Got it DNO!