NEED HELP, CNC ROUTER

Thread: NEED HELP, CNC ROUTER

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NEED HELP, CNC ROUTER

I have been building a CNC router for a class of mine and I have gotten to the point where I am absolutely stuck. I cannot get any movement out of the motors and I have tried everything I found online but none of it seems to be working. This is the link to the electronics kit that I had purchased: 4-Drive DIY NEMA 23 Electronics Kit | CNCRouterParts but I selected the 3/8" motors, not the standard 1/4". I have been trying to program the router with mach 3. I have gotten the limit switches to work properly, but I just cant get the motors to move, including the spindle. I cant figure out if it is a wiring issue or something I put in when I was trying to set the router up or what. Any advice, help, links, photos?? Thank you!!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEED HELP, CNC ROUTER

take a screenshot of your mach settings. Is your charge pump led lit?, E-stop connected, are you using parallel port or smooth stepper? more info needed

Downloads
    Uploads

If you have a CNC Router Parts machine, the first step is to contact CRP, they have excellent support.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't use the Leadshine MX4660
    but to make it possible for Leadshine MX4660 users to help you need to provide more information

what control software are you using ? :- mach 3 or linuxcnc ??

is the MX4660 connected to a desktop PC's parallel printer port or an original ethernet / usb motion controller such as the warp9's smooth stepper or UC100/UC300 ?

laptop printerports may not work - some are a built in usb to centronics converter not a real IBM printerport

Chinese copies of UC100 boards have caused others problems

how is you software configured ? photos of the screen showing you setup helps

details of your wiring and any schematics you followed

John

Downloads
    Uploads

+1 on contacting CNCRP. Excellent support from those guys.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    I don't use the Leadshine MX4660
    but to make it possible for Leadshine MX4660 users to help you need to provide more information

what control software are you using ? :- mach 3 or linuxcnc ??

is the MX4660 connected to a desktop PC's parallel printer port or an original ethernet / usb motion controller such as the warp9's smooth stepper or UC100/UC300 ?

laptop printerports may not work - some are a built in usb to centronics converter not a real IBM printerport

Chinese copies of UC100 boards have caused others problems

how is you software configured ? photos of the screen showing you setup helps

details of your wiring and any schematics you followed

John
    I am using the Smootherstepper from Warp9 along with mach3. Heres how my setup for the ports and pins are and then here is a link to the PDF I used to help guide me through the wiring. http://www.cncrouterparts.com/cad/20..._v2016Q1_1.pdf

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEED HELP, CNC ROUTER-mach-3-screenshot-jpg   NEED HELP, CNC ROUTER-mach-3-pic-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok your motor settings are correct in mach. In this shot I see E-stop is active. show a screenshot of Motor Tuning, Plugin Control \ Main Config:

what are the motor dip sw settings on the MX4660 ?