New CNCRP 4896 Build log - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New CNCRP 4896 Build log

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New CNCRP 4896 Build log

Quote Originally Posted by Wavfact View Post
    It arrived! Was pacing back and forth in my driveway waiting for the UPS truck.. Then he passes by my house and stops at the one next door! My first thought was, he's delivering to the wrong house! When he only carried a small box to the door my shock went away..

This pile is minus the Controller, Motors, wiring and Spindle.. I thought I'd have some 10 ft long boxes but I guess these splice together for the Y axis?
    That's correct... there is a splice. Funny about the UPS driver...I've been in that same mindset waiting for a delivery.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I paid $8 to get a 2 hour delivery window.. Maybe I should go knock on my neighbors door and ask for $4 lol The UPS driver thanked me for being home! lol

When you assembled yours, did you use any blue thread lock?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Controller, motors and misc parts arrive today! wahoo! We are having a 14 ft x 40 ft building installed in a couple weeks.. one of those pre-fab building they deliver and slide into place.. This is where we will building the machine.. Should make a nice workshop.. Was ordered last night so that will be 4 weeks out.. Probably won't get to start assembly till damn near Christmas.. We have a cruise form Dec 14th thru the 22nd planned so that will bite into assembly time..

I order the Kent Dust shoe for the new CNCRP Spindle which arrived surprisingly fast.. I also ordered one of the Chinese MPG's THis one was in the US so don't have to wait for the slow boat and the price seemed ok.. It has mixed reviews but some of the youtube video's I watched it worked good enough.. I thought about using VistaCNC's version but though having an e-stop button so handy seemed like a good idea, I was afraid I'd bump it and shut the machine down be accident..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got my new 4 axis MPG in.. Looks very nice and quality is good.. hope it works!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0921-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Wavfact View Post
    Got my new 4 axis MPG in.. Looks very nice and quality is good.. hope it works!
    I have what appears to be the exact same unit and it works well for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I start building the base today.. ran into an issue... 2 of the center sections are 1/32" shorted than the rest.. I foudn this when I was trying to figure out why the sides were not straight.. one side had a bow and the other side concave.. So I loosened the splices and move the end of the machine till I got both sides perfectly straight which left a 1/16" (could be 3/32", dont have my calipers handy)..

I know when I put on the linear rails and gear the gap won't be such a big deal but I know it's there and not liking it.. Is there something I need to look at to correct the straghtness without a gap?

Thinking maybe I should buy 2 full lengths of the 80/20 for the sides so I don't have to worry about this? They are in the next state so it's no biggie to drive there to get them..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0935-jpg   New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0936-jpg   New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0937-jpg   New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0938-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sure more experienced folks will jump in, I built my Pro4848 last year and upgraded it to a Pro4896 this year. But I wouldn't be ok with that given the precision we're striving for in CNC. Getting a single piece from 80/20 would be ideal in my mind if that's reasonable, but I'd probably just call the CNCRP guys - their support has been incredible and I'm sure they will make it right.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was just checking out the cost on the 80/20 site for some 4080 extrusion.. Cost is about $245 for 2 lengths.. Given that I paid damn near $11000 for this machine, another $250 isn't the end of the world.. though my wife might think so! They are in the next state, so a small road trip isn't out of the question either.. I may take it all apart and reassemble to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.. but I still like the idea of one solid piece for each side. Probably won't matter much once the linear rails and gear are mounted..

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you put 1 short one on each side, so that the two sides end up the same?

If not, then yes, do call them, and they will take care of you.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats exactly what I did.. leveled everything, checked squareness as I went.. I moved one section so that it was in the middle of the splice.. Thought that would be stronger this way. The measurements are off a little from the instructions but I can program that in when making my spoil board. Which will be awhile since the VFD Spindle's did not arrive at CNCRP on the 9th.. They couldn't give me an eta yet.. maybe find out more net week..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0939-jpg   New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0942-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like CNCRP changed their connection method for the cross pieces to the side rails, from brackets to double-anchor counter bores. I often wondered why they didn't do that from the beginning. Its a strong joint that naturally pulls into square.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Everything seems quite strong.. And everything is top quality, they did a really good job from the parts to the build instructions.. We made a bit of progress this weekend, got stuck at putting the small gear on the steppers.. If you put it on according to the instructions, it's very tight about 1/4" in.. if you flip is around, it will go about 1/2" before stopping.. Seems the hole (or keyway) in the gear is tapered? I didnt have mallet and didn't want to beat it on with a hammer so that was our stopping point.. I could use a deepwell socket to help get it on but wanted to make sure the tightness is normal?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0943-jpg   New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0944-jpg   New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0945-jpg   New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0946-jpg  

New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0947-jpg   New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0948-jpg   New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0949-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got my machine completed over the weekend.. (with a few issues)...

Since my VFD Spindle is still on backorder, CNCRP sent me a loaner adapter for my Porter Cable 7518 router.. Only problem was, I didn't have any collets for it! ugh.. Will be here tomorrow from Amazon..

The other issue was that my NEMA 34 Pro R&P adapter plates did not have the bearings installed.. I email them on Saturday morning and got a response that they were in fact missing, apologized and said they will get me replacements out on Monday.. I made do by adjusting the collar so that when inserted it would hold the bracket against the machine as if the bearing was in there.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0958-jpg   New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0959-jpg   New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0960-jpg   New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0962-jpg  

New CNCRP 4896 Build log-img_0963-jpg  

ericks

Looks good!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The pendant I bought works nicely right out of the box.. Though I seem to have an issue after using it getting job functions to work on the keyboard again.. Restarting Mach3 fixes that.. Will have to research this issue unless someone here knows?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12