Zero touch plate holder for Z-Axis

Thread: Zero touch plate holder for Z-Axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Zero touch plate holder for Z-Axis

When I upgraded to the new CNCRP touch plate, I decided to see if I could make a bracket to mount it on the z-axis using existing threaded holes. This allows me to run the connecting cable through the cable track system, and insures that the touch plate is always within easy reach of the Z-axis when zeroing. I just ran it with enough slack to loop around the Y-axis motor so it's out of the way during cutting. Here are some pictures. note that the bracket could be mounted lower on the Z-axis too.

Printed at Shapeways.com . If there is any interest, I can make it available to purchase.

(PS. Thanks to the guys at CNCRP for making the holes nicely spaced (matching the 8020 system))

Zero touch plate holder for Z-Axis-img_3780-jpg

Zero touch plate holder for Z-Axis-img_3791-jpg

Zero touch plate holder for Z-Axis-img_3792-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Zero touch plate holder for Z-Axis

Oh I love that idea. I have a 3D printer. Any chance you can share the file or put it on Thingiverse? I am working on a 3D printed part for CNCs that I won't talk about right now but will share with you when it is ready. Thanks.

David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Zero touch plate holder for Z-Axis

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Oh I love that idea. I have a 3D printer. Any chance you can share the file or put it on Thingiverse? I am working on a 3D printed part for CNCs that I won't talk about right now but will share with you when it is ready. Thanks.
    Here is something you may like
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2599239