Ordered the CNCRP Plasma THC setup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered the CNCRP Plasma THC setup

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ordered the CNCRP Plasma THC setup

Has anyone else ordered this yet?
    I am sure they have. It's been listed since May.
    It will be a few weeks before it all comes in.
    I am basically just upgrading our current plasma machine. I have to work on it more and more it seems every time I use it. I can't even let my guys use it anymore. Too much headache. I am upgrading from a PM45 to a PM45 XP. My current one uses the hand torch. The new one is a machine torch.
    Nothing wrong with our table itself mechanically. It will stay the same with the addition of a break away torch holder I am designing. I have only been meaning to make that about 5 years or so now.

My table is a 5' by 5' bed. Actually 6' x 5'. 5' usable. I ordered the water table. 4' by 4'.
    I have just been venting to the outside recently. I think the combo of the water table and venting should do pretty well.
    I also ordered the Prewired electronics. Love that on my router.

I built the electronics panel that is on it now. It works okay. I have another project I have been working on that will use some of those parts.

Now how about some discussion on under water cutting or just close to the bottom of the sheet. I am going to try it both ways if possible, however the THC will use an Ohmic sensor.
    May not be submersible.

Similar Threads:
    Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ordered the CNCRP Plasma THC setup

No need to worry about designing a breakaway mount. One is included in the CNCRP THC kit.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

I really shouldn't multitask and speed read as often as I try to.

It seems that I misread the blurb.
    The 3 to 4 weeks lead time at CNCRP is for machine kits.
    Electronics and stuff I have ordered should ship next week.
    I did send them an email and when they confirm, I'll let you guys know.
    I also ordered a proximity switch kit.
    I have had a little trouble with one or two of my current switches from time to time. Plus most are 5 year old cheap switches. I actually had more trouble with a new Honeywell replacement switch though, so can't complain about $5 per cheap switch.

The current switches tie into a panel on the machine itself.
    The new ones will plug into the new control box.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, cutting under water may not be ideal for the torch that I ordered. Industrial plasma cutters can get away with deep water cutting. One type even uses an air curtain around the nozzle.
    I will try just flooding to the sheet itself. If a minor amount gets on top, that's okay. The air will clear it away from the flame.
    Should work great at reducing grime and smoke.
    I will not initially have a tank system, but will install one later I think.
    We only use the plasma one day a week. We have a well pump for outside watering, so will use it to fill the tray once a week and then drain and clean each week.
    Sounds like a plan.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Ahren did email be to confirm the order. Didn't give a shipping estimate yet, but I will update when he does.
    The Proximity switch set did ship out today.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

I will add a few links and photo's here so this thread isn't so acappella.
    Here is the stuff I ordered from CNCRP.

http://www.cncrouterparts.com/images/WaterTable.jpg

And the updated plasma cutter.

The machine this new stuff will be fitted for.

A lot has changed since this image, but that is the basic machine.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Goodluck on the remodel look forward to how it works out for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

The rest of the CRP parts will be here Tuesday. Coming freight because of the water table. Probably won't do much for about a week. Have to plan so that my ducks don't stampede.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Everything came in last week well packaged as is typical. We have only just opened the water table so far. Looks very well made. 11 gage SS with some decent welding. It is a quality table that will not need replacing in a couple of years.
    I will have pictures etc. when we start updating the plasma at some point. Just too much going on right now to slow down enough for that. The old system seems to be cutting better now too for some reason.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I got frustrated enough with the old system yesterday to make the switch sooner rather than later.

Partially from a mistake of my own and then had to restart a few times due to a minor issue in the plasma cutter itself.
    So, first progress on the upgrade.
    Here is the water table as we are installing the slats. Pretty nice T-slot spacer system on them. We could have had the spacing a little closer than this. We had two slats left over, but this spacing allows easy access with big hands.
    Fishing out parts and table cleaning etc.
    We basically disassembled everything yesterday and will install all the new today.

More to follow.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ordered the CNCRP Plasma THC setup-watertable-slats-jpg  
    Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Ran into a bit of an issue this afternoon.
    Now I don't have the THC XML file yet, but this doesn't involve any of that stuff yet either.
    At least I don't think so.
    I have the machine operating okay by jogging. I installed the new sensors on it and they do light up when homing, but do not stop travel.

I looked at and tried the Warp 9 settings. I used the XML off the old plasma setup. I used a copy of the XML on my router running the same control panel, less the THC stuff.
    Then I used a brand new one I downloaded from the CRP site.

Not my first go around with Mach 3 and homing stuff, so been here before, but what little thing am I missing?

I have a question in about the plasma XML file, so maybe that will resolve it.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

What make on THC ?

Downloads
    Uploads

It is CRP's new THC system.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Cory got me fixed up with all the right files. The XML as well as the software for the THC. A couple of Sheetcam posts too. All of that will be on the website soon.
    The homing was just about the pin numbers.
    Basically, the three switches I was activating did not have the pin number the axis was looking for. Since it is a simple homing routine, those inputs did not stop travel. Cory showed me where to find the active pin under the Data management screen for the Smooth Stepper in Plugins. Once I set the correct pin numbers, the homing acted better, but still not quite right.

Ref All will home Y, but won't move X yet. I can home each axis on the diagnostics page, so this won't slow me down while troubleshooting this.
    Cory wants me to send a copy of the XML so they can recreate the issue if possible.

Should be making first cuts today.

Here are a couple of progress pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ordered the CNCRP Plasma THC setup-crp-tm-jpg   Ordered the CNCRP Plasma THC setup-pm45xp-jpg  
    Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    What make on THC ?
    The brand name for the THC is "TMC3in1".

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

I figured out the homing issue was caused by the button script for the ref all in the THC screen. There were two apostrophe's that should not have been in front of the X and slave axes. Great way to inhibit an axis during homing if wanted.

Having a few start up issues to work through. CRP gives two Sheetcam posts. One mechanical and the other Ohmic. I started with the Ohmic when I should have started with the mechanical. You can set the pierce height in it, though in metric. Some trial and error that is expected. Use the mechanical post to get a good grip on the voltages needed to set when you run under Ohmic. Starting out like that will save you some material and greif I think.
    I am including an image of the scribe operation and will have more pictures later of the plasma cutting. Maybe a short video clip.
    Gotta say I really like the water table. What smoke?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ordered the CNCRP Plasma THC setup-scribe-jpg  
    Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

I put a water tray/slats on my table and after running without one on an older machine for a few years and am amazed how nice and clean everything stays in comparison!
    You'll really like the 45xp. Great plasma cutter for a CNC table.

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks great and you’ve got me thinking! How clean does it cut aluminum?

David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

Downloads
    Uploads

Yessir. I like the water table and the 45XP alot.

So far I have only cut with the mechanical post. I have everything done, so now I will proceed to calibrating for the Ohmic post.
    I have cut 13 gage 304 SS and 12 gage 316 SS. Also some 14 gage hardened steel sawblades. This is what we use for our anti-kickback pawls. Cut it all very well. Zero issues. Less dross than cutting over an open table and once calibrated I expect it will basically disappear. We will not have to belt sand the edges like we had to before. Our Timesaver will just eat them up as is.

Our old plasma the PM45 cut aluminum very well. A tab of dross every now and then, but it was lightning fast for the thin sheet we used to use. We no longer cut aluminum on it for production stuff.
    I'll post up a few images and short clips a bit later.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Here are a couple of video clips and pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ordered the CNCRP Plasma THC setup-316ss12ga-jpg   Ordered the CNCRP Plasma THC setup-316ss12ga2-jpg   Ordered the CNCRP Plasma THC setup-pawls-jpg  
    Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast