Added water cooled spindle to my PRO4824 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Added water cooled spindle to my PRO4824

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Added water cooled spindle to my PRO4824

GENTLE PEOPLE , GENTLE PEOPLE

It is ok to "make it work" , it is ok to make it right , it is Always "best practice" to make it right.

As a wise man once said " make it dirty, make it work if you are in concept mode. when it is proven you then do it pretty (right) "
    i have tried both methods and they both work. there really isnt a wrong answer.

i am repairing cnc machines now, big 18000 kg beasts using 12ga wire on a 50 foot chord to power and test functionality, is it osha-no
    have i accomplished my mission of functionality -yes , will i run parts-no . but i can show the machine to sell and test every function-yes

As for the issue of connecting "SHIELDED WIRING FOR SERVO/MOTOR/DRIVES" ABSOFRIGGENLUTELY you should have a shielded ground all the way back to the drive.
    you may not know this but quality drives will LOOK at ground for phase/voltage/ac/dc/rf ...... and the ground should be same size as the power leads.
    shielding is only important if you have electronics in a system, OH YEAH i think you cnc has a bit, you should have shielded cables on everything.
    just look at "twisted pair" wires cables and such, ugly stuff but why???

if you have an idea or are experimenting , by all means use whatever you have to GET_R_DONE, but stop and then put it together the RIGHT way, with safety and quality for all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    Glad to see that you can "reverse" the cable tray and carrier, when I installed my CNCRP P&P, I had to move the try WAY to the back, I may redo it now that I see your setup.

Attachment 371258
    I don't understand why everyone doesn't do it this way.it looks to me like everyone else has it "reversed "

Downloads
    Uploads

In a busy woodshop, I thought it would be much safer to have the cables exiting the cable track at the rear of the machine so I wouldn't snag anything while carrying boards past it. And imo it just looks cleaner.

Spindle grounding:
    I contacted solar.Jean and asked if their pin4 was connected or unused? And number of poles. I got this response:
    "New message from: solar.jean
    Dear friend,
    Thanks for your message!
    My friend, the earth is connected from pin 4 to the motor housing. And our motor is 2 pole.
    When you use this VFD for this spindle motor 0-400HZ , Please set the parameters of the VFD as our following suggestion step by step, and don't change the sequence:
    Step 1: Set PD005 =400
    Step 2: Set PD004 =400
    Step 3: Set PD003 =400
    Step 4: Set PD072 =400
    PD144=3000"

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Added water cooled spindle to my PRO4824-2017-08-08-14-50-35-jpg  
    Last edited by 2012JK; 02-09-2018 at 10:19 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12