I have a 2012 CNCRP 4896, Standard (with the CRS plate on top of the extrusion for gantry travel). Recently I had to turn down a project that required more Z that my machine is capable of. Actually, the problem was the blank was too thick (almost 9"), the cutting on the blank would have only been about an inch or less deep - relief carving. That is to say, I'm not looking to cut deeper, but to be able to load thicker stock. As the machine is, I can do about 6" stock max when using a small cutter. Here's the thought I had: Stack a 1530 extrusion on top of the existing 1545 , attaching it with 5 evenly spaced joining plates on each inside face plus 1 90 degree joining plate, vertically on each of the four corners formed by the long rails and cross rails. Additionally , I would put an inside corner gusset at the junction of each crossrail/longrail. Of course the CRS would be moved to the top of the 1530 and I do know I couldn't put any attachment plates on the drive side of the extrusion. There is sufficient clearance on the inside face to miss the gantry carriage. If I were to do this I would divide the table in half lengthwise and have one side dedicated to thick stock with a standard spoilboard and on the other side have 3" thick torsion box to raise regular work to the existing envelope (so I wouldn't have to modify the z axis to extend farther). Parts to do this would be about 300 - 350. My main worry is that, even with all the gusseting, lateral play in gantry may increase. Anyone see any other issues I'm missing? Thanks for any input.