Upgrade from NEMA23 Plug and Play to NEMA 34?

Thread: Upgrade from NEMA23 Plug and Play to NEMA 34?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Upgrade from NEMA23 Plug and Play to NEMA 34?

Has anyone upgraded from the NEMA 23 Plug and Play to NEMA 34? What all would be required? Would i have to purchase the entire 34 plug and play system? Or is it possible to piece it together? Now that i've had the PRO4896 for almost a year, i'm getting more confident with speeds and feeds and feel that i could actually make use of the extra power. Any thoughts on the cheapest way to upgrade with the CNCRP plug and play system?

Thank you!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Upgrade from NEMA23 Plug and Play to NEMA 34?

You would need, obviously, the NEMA 34 motors, as well as the higher current drivers, cables and connectors and a second 600W power supply. It looks like the bridge board, BoB and most of the other internal components are the same between the two. The case even looks to be the same except for different cutouts on the I/O panel for the higher current motor cable connectors. Your best bet for knowing for sure would be to call CRP they are really good at figuring out and pricing parts for upgrades like this.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Upgrade from NEMA23 Plug and Play to NEMA 34?

Is it stepper motor controller ? Is it effective to upgrade to NEMA 34? Up current and voltage?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a set of the nema 34 Motors and some nice 20ft igus cables with xlr connectors on both ends. I'll also throw in the 5 panel connectors needed with wiring. All you'd need from cncrp is the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by ColletandBit View Post
    Has anyone upgraded from the NEMA 23 Plug and Play to NEMA 34? What all would be required? Would i have to purchase the entire 34 plug and play system? Or is it possible to piece it together? Now that i've had the PRO4896 for almost a year, i'm getting more confident with speeds and feeds and feel that i could actually make use of the extra power. Any thoughts on the cheapest way to upgrade with the CNCRP plug and play system?

Thank you!