Cncrouterparts changed from V bearings to linear guides - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cncrouterparts changed from V bearings to linear guides

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cncrouterparts changed from V bearings to linear guides

Would it even be worth it for me to look into UCCNC?
    If your happy with mach3, then probably not. If you have issues with Mach3, then I'd consider it.

Someone posted a thread recently about swapping the ESS for a UC300ETH in the CNCRP plug and play system. You probably need to make some changes to get everything working properly.You need to use a charge pump safety system, and perhaps swap out the breakout board.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    If your happy with mach3, then probably not. If you have issues with Mach3, then I'd consider it.

Someone posted a thread recently about swapping the ESS for a UC300ETH in the CNCRP plug and play system. You probably need to make some changes to get everything working properly.You need to use a charge pump safety system, and perhaps swap out the breakout board.
    Everything works one for one far as inputs and outputs go. The difference is the initial state of the relays. CRP didn't use a charge pump as they trust the ESS to behave properly on start up. The UC300 initializes its outputs to active low which turns on the active low relays in the CRP electronics. You can disable the motors and turn off your spindle when you power down. Then power them on after UCCNC is up on your computer and communicating over ethernet with the UC300.

I've communicated with CNC Drive about initializing inputs to the proper state on start up and they are considering it. It would be safer during start up to have a charge pump to enable relays. That means the three relays built into the custom break out board inside the electronics would have to be abandoned for safety critical task and moved to an external relay board.

I'm 3D printing an adapter as the hole pattern is not the same for ESS and UC300.

I've been running my machine with UCCNC and it works well for me. They have been responsive with bug fixes and suggestions.

EDIT - forgot to add the disclaimer - you are on your own modifying the electronics. CRP sells the plug and play electronics as a complete kit and doesn't suggest changing anything.

Last edited by skrap853; 04-14-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by skrap853 View Post
    Everything works one for one far as inputs and outputs go. The difference is the initial state of the relays. CRP didn't use a charge pump as they trust the ESS to behave properly on start up. The UC300 initializes its outputs to active low which turns on the active low relays in the CRP electronics. You can disable the motors and turn off your spindle when you power down. Then power them on after UCCNC is up on your computer and communicating over ethernet with the UC300.

I've communicated with CNC Drive about initializing inputs to the proper state on start up and they are considering it. It would be safer during start up to have a charge pump to enable relays. .
    Guys , what's a charge pump?

I don't actually know anything about CNC router tables , but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Downloads
    Uploads

Guys , what's a charge pump?
    The software sends out a 12.5Khz PWM signal when the software has control over the machine. You use this signal to make sure that you're electronics can't do anything until they see this signal. It's purpose is to keep things from moving, or motors from turning on, before the control software actually has control.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    The software sends out a 12.5Khz PWM signal when the software has control over the machine. You use this signal to make sure that you're electronics can't do anything until they see this signal. It's purpose is to keep things from moving, or motors from turning on, before the control software actually has control.
    Thanks .Wow, I never would have guessed that one

I don't actually know anything about CNC router tables , but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12